I bought a pair of RTi100's

Options
edric
edric Posts: 2
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I just received a pair of RTi100's. It was tough to locate. Circuit City and Crutchfield still do not list them on thier web pages. I had to call them both almost daily from the beginning of February through early March. I went with Crutchfield because they have this no fee, 4 payment option. It makes shelling out this much cash easy.

The RTi100's were definitely the right choice for me! I had a lot of requirements from my wife. Yes, making your wife happy with the purchase makes it all that much easier to enjoy. Her requirements were no external subwoofer, small footprint, and a nice cherry finish. Naturally, my requirement was sound quality and good looks, much like a good wife. :)

I looked at several other manufacturers and Polk was the only one that fit the bill. I have to say the new RTi100's look great in addition to sounding great!

In a few months I was thinking about getting the FXi50's. Too bad they don't come in cherry. Any comments about this Polk?

Thanks Polk,
Edric
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I had the F/X 500i. I traded it for the RT800i.
    I greatly prefer the sound of a big speaker for surround music.
    The F/X50 & 500 are both relatively small speakers.
  • begbie
    begbie Posts: 630
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Get both types ! Okay if you can't get both then consider-
    If your preference is movies, I suggest the fxi50's. For multi-channel music, I'd go with bookshelves or towers.
    Considering that dvd audio hasn't exploded on the scene yet, get
    the fxi50's for now and when this new line-up of Polks clear out, get a pair of discounted directs !
    Polk Rt800i -Fronts
    Polk cs400i -Center
    Polk fx500i -side surrounds
    Polk rc60i -rear surrounds
    Onkyo TX-NR 1009 (9.2) receiver
    Velodyne cht12
    Polk psw111
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I own both SACD and DVD-AUDIO.I have both rt35i's and fx/500's.I have switched between the 2 for rears and found shocking results.The rt35i's sound awesome in one word,but the fx/500's didn't fall off as much as I thought they would.They sound great producing music.I don't perfer them over the rt35i's for surround music,but Don'y buy them If you are going to do both.The fx/500's will shock you.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I think the RT800i's at $600 are a MUCH better buy than the F/X500i's at $500. The sound coming from the 800's in DVD-A is MUCH MUCH BETTER than the F/X500i's. Its not that the F/X500 is a bad speaker... its just that it is a small speaker (125wpc). Whereas, the 250wpc 800 kicks some serious butt as a surround speaker. With discrete surround channels (DD5.1, DTS, etc)... diffuse surrounds are kinda silly. The music was recorded for a direct surround speaker. Diffuse goes back to the pro-logic days - in my opinion.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Can you explain what you're trying to say about the f/x 500 vs. the RT35 a little better? I'm not quite sure what you're saying about it.

Aaron