Recommendations for good ear buds?

Options
comfortablycurt
comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
edited March 2014 in Headphones
Hey everyone, I was hoping to get some recommendations for a good pair of ear buds. I'm spending most of my time on campus and on the go these days. I'm looking for a good pair of ear buds for between classes and for walks across campus and stuff. I'm generally not much of a fan of ear buds, but I've been using the ones that came with my phone for a while now simply because of their portability. I've started to become rather fond of their smaller design. Unfortunately, the ear buds that came with my phone aren't of the highest quality, naturally.

I'm looking to spend somewhere in the less than $100 range. I can extend the budget a little beyond that for the right pair though.

They'll mostly be used with my Samsung Galaxy, or my laptop. An inline controller would be a big plus. I've looked at some of the bluetooth ear buds, and I really like that idea. They can get a little costly though. Wired or wireless isn't really that big of a deal, but I'd say that wireless is at least something of a plus.

On the lower end of the price range, I've looked at the Sennheiser CX-300. I'm also looking at the Bose IE2, the Plantronics BackBeat GO 2, and the Polk Ultra Focus 6000.

I like the Plantronics ones quite a bit. They're wireless, and come with a carry case that functions as a portable charging station. They seem to have pretty decent reviews too.

Anyone have any input on any of these, or any other recommendations? It would be much appreciated. :)
The nirvana inducer-
APC H10 Power Conditioner
Marantz UD5005 universal player
Parasound Halo P5 preamp
Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's
Post edited by comfortablycurt on

Comments