Please help 6 kicker cvrs connecting to a 4000 watt boss amp

SlamminParkAve
SlamminParkAve Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Car Subwoofer Talk
I need a wiring diagram for the connection of 6 single voice coil sub's going into 2 channel amp I know the amp can handle it and also I want to know if there is a way to connect it with out lowering the ohms iv seen pictures of diagrams where the positive from one speaker is going to the negative on the other speaker and the positive is coming from another and so on I don't understand it or know what its called can someone please explain it to me and let me know the best way to get this in set up working with out blowing fuses
Post edited by SlamminParkAve on

Comments

• TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited March 2014
    what ohm load are you shooting for and what ohm are the subwoofers. without knowing that it would be hard to give you a diagram.
  • SlamminParkAve
    edited March 2014
    iv been doing basic set ups for yrs I.e buy a amp some subs run the wires and listen n drive

this is the first time iv hooked up more then three subs
    I dont know what ohm they are but I know they are kicker cvrs the older chrome models I havent taken any of them out of the box because I dont have a drill at the moment but even then do they say what ohm they are on the speaker anywhere? and Im really not sure what ohm im looking to get I just want a real hard hitting deep sound
    2014-03-02 05.43.00.png
  • TurboGTU
    TurboGTU Posts: 187
    edited March 2014
    Well, it's really hard to tell you the best way to set them up with that information. It depends on what load the amp can handle and what load the speaker will show to the amp....sorry, but you'll have to at least give the impedance of the speakers and the amp model to get much help..
  • SlamminParkAve
    edited March 2014
    The amp is a boss 4000 watt two channel i believe the model number is pd-4000 i found a few specs and remember it saying it could handle 1/2 ohm stable im looking to probably just hit around 2ohms per speaker
    One more thing how would i find the specs of the speaker