Melee on Update Preview - Possible "issue"

sframsden3
sframsden3 Posts: 52
edited February 2014 in Video Games
It may be an "issue" or I may be trying to use them incorrectly, or my Melee may be broken... However, it doesn't seem that my microphone is working. A couple things about my set up:

1) I am part of the Update Preview, so I have all the controller updates needed to make it work
2) I have the official adapter from the XBox One Stereo Headset
3) My XBox One Stereo Headset works perfectly, so I know it's not my controller or anything of that sort

I am using what I believe to be the phone chat cord to hook my Melee to my controller. I believe here lies my "problem". It seems to be wanting to use the microphone on that cable rather than using the microphone on my headset. Do I need to use a different cable to connect my Melee to my controller? If so, would this be included in the free adapter all Melee users will be given, or will we need to head out to the store and pick up our own cable? If the latter, what cable should I pick up?

Or again, maybe I am not using the headset correctly (since all the instructions for using it are based on the 360, not the XBox One). Will Polk be sending a new instruction set with the free adapter similar as to the instruction set that would come with the 4 Shot?
Post edited by sframsden3 on

Comments

• Blankman
    Blankman Posts: 51
    edited February 2014
    The phone chat cable will disengage the headset's built-in mic as long as that cable is plugged in. As long as that cable is plugged in, the cell phone mic takes priority. You will need to pick up another 3.5mm male-to male audio cable (4 poles), or wait until the adapter and respective cable arrives from Polk.
  • sframsden3
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm, well I can't imagine a 3.5mm male-to-male audio cable costing me too much, so maybe I will try to head out and pick one up (can't hurt to have one lying around the house I guess). We'll see if that clears up my problem, but that's what I expected.

If that is the case, I wonder if a cable would be included in what Polk sends out to Melee owners?
  • Blankman
    edited February 2014
    sframsden3 wrote: »
    If that is the case, I wonder if a cable would be included in what Polk sends out to Melee owners?
    Yes, Polk's customer support has confirmed that a 48-inch cable will be included with the headset adapter.
  • sframsden3
    edited February 2014
    Blankman wrote: »
    Yes, Polk's customer support has confirmed that a 48-inch cable will be included with the headset adapter.

Very cool! I was unsuccessful finding a 4 pole cable of course, so for now I will live with game audio only. Thanks for the info!
  • Blankman
    edited February 2014
    sframsden3 wrote: »
    Very cool! I was unsuccessful finding a 4 pole cable of course, so for now I will live with game audio only. Thanks for the info!
    My pleasure!