Help with current setup! :)

Options
kleggett
kleggett Posts: 30
edited February 27 in Clubhouse Archives
Hello to all, i've been fishing around this forum for quite sometime, but this is my first post after actually buying the speakers. Here is what I have. I bought the 800's for my 2 front's and the cs 245 I belive it is for the center channel. My sub is the 350, and i'm currently working on getting a new, and better set of rear surrounds. I have a receiver from JVC that I got 2 years ago as a christmas present. It kicks pretty good I guess, but i'm going to buy a new receiver something a bit more powerful, here is the specs on my current receiver http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-FscUgaYYJbC/prodview.asp?bid=110607&store=11&sid=S-FscUgaYYJbC if someone could give me some suggestions on what would be a mid to high level receiver for about $800 to $1000 would be awesome. I'm fairly new to the home theater setup and tweak scene so be gentle. Thanks alot! :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited August 2001
    Options
    We here at Polk like Denon, Onkyo, Yamaha and some higher end more expensive stuff in the demo rooms. You can find D/O/Y at reasonable prices these days.

Welcome to the forum!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • jeffeb3
    jeffeb3 Posts: 106
    edited August 2001
    Options
    Look into the harman kardon avr 510. It's a beast. it has hdcd decoding, 45 amperes, ultra-wide frequency response and it really kicks **** with the 800's and the cs245.