TSi100 + PSW10

Options
gaetanoformato9
gaetanoformato9 Posts: 19
edited February 2014 in Speakers
Hi, I'm new in the forum, I plan to assemble a 2.1 system to listen to music from PC, I thought about the TSi100 matched to the subwoofer PSW10.I know I need an amp, I need some advice on a non-expensive amplifier that is able to manage everything.
I already own a USB dac, Fiio e17, and it is paired with headphone amplifier fiio e09k, so sound would come out from rca pre - out of this one.
Thank you very much!
Post edited by gaetanoformato9 on

Comments

• seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A Harmon Kardon 3490 would be perfect, but i would look elsewhere for a sub, that one will leave you disappointed and wanting more. Up at the top of your screen, scroll over where to buy, and check out the polk ebay store, a dsw would be great, any of the three, or a psw 111. as for the speakers, polk's tsx line, as well as the moniter, moniter 2, and new moniter line all are near identicle in specs to the tsi line. you may have luck finding the monitor 30(same as the 100's) 40( a step up) or 35's or 45's(same as monitor respective monitor line, only monitor 2) for good deals on newegg.com or fry's.com, i got a set of monitor 30's for around $75. I reccomend getting a decent sub though, really, because once you're out for the psw 10, you wont recap that if you sell it, and you will get an upgrqade itch real quick.

Welcome to the club
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and the welcoming ! Then I think I will choose the PSW111 with Polk Monitor 30, but there is something cheaper than the Harmon Kardon 3490 that can work well with this setup?
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yes there are plenty, but none that I am familiar with. I know HK has a lesser model, yamaha ha a couple, denon has one or two, 2 channel stereos. you want to make sure what you get has pre-outs or pre-am outs so you can add an external amplifier in the future if you decide you want more power, or if you move to tower speakers which will need more power. as you can see in my signature, i have a 3490, that is currently pushing some monitor 30's, and they sounded great.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I run the older version of this guy: http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dta-120-class-t-digital-mini-amplifier-60-wpc--300-3800

Makes my monitors 5s sing! Great bass too. I would really recommend going used and picking up a pair of rt25is or rti 28s and start off without a sub. I think you'll like what you hear...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    @rooftop59 Thanks for the answer, but i'm sure i'll get a subwoofer so i think it's not a good solution ...

I'm actually a noob in these things and i still have a doubt: do i have to connect monitor 30 directly to the amplifier and the subwoofer to the sub-out of the amp ? Without any connection between Monitor 30 and PSW111 ? Because i see that the PSW111 has "Speaker in" and "Speaker out" connectors, what are these connectors?
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    you can connect it either wway, LFE or L/R audio out to sub, or your mains to the speker in, then speaker out to the speakers. and just because you run towers doesnt mean you dont run a sub, he was implying that you would be happier with those speakers and in his opinion wouldnt need a sub, you can always add a sub, bass is good, but people's tastes differ, and some may not like that much bass. whichever route you go, im sure you'll love it, polk makes some great speakers and they offer something for everyone.
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I understand, now I have a better idea of what rooftop59 was saying :)
    I had a look at Polks ebay store , but I only found the TSi200, do you think that is a good choice? In this case, this amps can handle them ? : http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s300__g/?mode=model
    I'm from Italy, I can pretty much only buy from ebay store.
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    you cant buy from the ebay store unless you have someone who will ship, try Saturn or Media World, i find polks there quite often, in fact i just bought some polk rti-a3 speakers(roughly 400$/300euro normal price) at Media World for 99 euro. they have decent prices on display models when they have been on display for a while. Papino Expert had some polks, but terrible prices and no one working there was willing to pay attention to customers. Euronics doesnt seem to have any decent stereo equiptment. i had trouble with ordering from the ebay store, and was finally told by polk cs, no we will not ship to Sicily, or a US military base.
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I found RTiA3 at 239 euro at Media world but can this amp handle them ? http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/amps/a-s300__g/?mode=model
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    thats a decent orice compare to their usual price, but i have seen them on sale there for 149.00 a few times, also bought a psw 110 there for 159.00, and that should work, as long as you dont want to listen very loud, the next model up seems to be a bit better, im looking up some others that may work as well,
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    if the store here has a good sale, i'll let you know, maybe i can pick them up for you
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    From the specifications I read that RTiA3 need "20-150 watts per channel", I really have to buy an amplifier that can deliver 150 watts per channel? Will it be too low the sound with an amplifier that delivers 100W per channel? Excuse me for asking too many questions, but it's my first setup :) I can not send Pm, my email is gaetanoformato9@gmail.com ( possiamo parlare anche italiano magari, ho appena notato che sei della sicilia :) )
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    those power ratings are a recommendation, and something polk has to put. I run mine on i think around 75-90 watts rms on my yamaha AVR, but im not sure how all those power ratings work, i know it says it will do more, but that is a marketing gimmick, and peak power. that one you posted is 60 watts RMS, 100 peak, but probably a good bit of current behind it, as it is a dedicated 2 channel. they will sound good, and will get loud, but not crazy loud. you can turn it up as loud as you want, but yyou will introduce distortion and ruin your speakers, especially tweeters.
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the information you gave me! Now i know what to buy, i'll wait for some offers ;)
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    youre welcome, sorry i couldnt be of more help, i dont know much italian, and navigating websites is dificult for me.
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    last i checked, they carry the tsi100 for around 129 euro at MW
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    But I think there is a big difference between the tsi100 and rtia3, right?
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yes, the rti-a are much nicer
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Hi, finally i bought RTiA3, i found this kind of wire at Mediaworld:
    http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/42/q8cu.jpg

It is good for these speakers?
    I still can not test them because I have to wait for the delivery of the Yamaha A-S500
    Thanks again for everything :)
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    it will work, but with better wire you may here differences. i was not impressed by any of their wire offerings
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Which cable do you advice me to buy?
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i dont know anywhere to buy locally, but canare 4s11 is great cable, i would try to find it.
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    those are identicle to mine, only shorter, make sure you get the right length. those are about 1.5 meters
  • sbpolk
    sbpolk Posts: 644
    edited January 2014
    Options
    those are identicle to mine, only shorter, make sure you get the right length. those are about 1.5 meters

Rob, your PMs are full! I need to drop this sub off in Seattle, so please contact me asap!!
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
  • seabeerob213
    edited January 2014
    Options
    made room
  • gaetanoformato9
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Hi, finally i got both Rtia3 and Yamaha A-S500 but i still have a doubt : what do you think about bi-wiring ?
  • seabeerob213
    edited February 2014
    Options