Items for Sale

dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,573
edited March 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I am cleaning out some stuff, thought perhaps some of the gang might be interested. I will post pics of the requested gear, otherwise, it's a simple ad.

Shipping, as usual, is included anywhere in CONUS. Packaging will be bulletproof, and safe.

Thanks for looking :)

Yamaha YST-SW60 Subwoofer (6/10) *SOLD* - This subwoofer uses the Active Servo idea that Yamaha has employed forever. I have had this for a long time, and while not the most accurate subwoofer, or powerful, it would be perfect for a small bedroom system or computer rig. I currently use it daily in my computer rig, but am working on a project subwoofer to replace it. I rated it 6/10, via Audiogon, but it is in better shape than that description. 4Way binding posts, high cut filter, adjustable phase. No original box or packaging. Included: Manual(PDF).

Monster Cable MB300 Subwoofer Cable (9/10) *SOLD* - 18Ft. MC Sub Cable. Included: Original ackaging and sales receipt.

Monster Cable MB-300

RCA RCU1010 Universal Touchscreen Remote Control (9/10) *SOLD* - This is the same remote found in Best Buy/Circuit City. It is silver, has a blue touchscreen and hard keys for navigation. I never used it, as I was simply not that remote insane at that time. I recently picked up a Pronto from Mantis, so I have no need for this unit any longer. The unit IS a RCU1010, but the box is from a RCU1000B. I rated it 9/10 due to the box being incorrect, the unit is brand new, never used. Non-Original box and packaging. Included: Manual(PDF), Original manual and sales receipt

RCA 1010 Remote Control

Sony ST-S500ES AM/FM Tuner (7/10) *SOLD* - I picked this tuner up from Russman, but forgot the actual purpose behind it...so I have never used it. F1Nut and myself installed an IEC connector, to facilitate use of an aftermarket power cord. This is a great tuner, ES build quality and brings in stations very nicely. The unit has a scratch on the top of the faceplate, not the face The main housing is clean, no dents or scratches. No original box or packaging. Included: Original owners manual and a generic power cord.

Drop me a line here or at dorokusai@comcast.net
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Bright Star Audio Air Mass 19 Isolation Platform (8/10) *SOLD* - This platform was specifically designed by BSA for the VPI HW-19 and Aries TT. The VPI HW-19 is a very high end TT. This is the original, not the newer model as shown by the link. The newer model uses a single air bladder, or tube, not three. The unit has rounded edges however.

BSA AM19

I know this is a very specific item, but there are some vinyl junkies here. The platform can be used on anything, it's just big and was commisioned by BSA to be an accessory for that particular TT.

23.25W x 18D x 3H(Inflated) Supports up to 220lbs.

The platform is suspended in the air via three heavy duty air bladders that are fully adjustable. It's black, and has a textured finish. Air pump is included.

I used this on my CTC BBQ, when I was sans audio rack. It was overkill. The rack is now 400+lbs. so this just seems insane, as far as the amplifier. I continue to use a BSA Sandbox/Air/Weight iso-theme for my SACD, but have no need for this on the CTC anymore. Subscribe to your own theories, and ideas on equipment performance, but just FYI....Here is a link on BSA's Unltimate Isolation Theory:

BSA Ultimate Isolation Theory

This is a really nice piece, high cool factor, and vinyl/CD/SACD/DVD-A enthusiasts, depending on your gear, should notice a definite improvement. As stated, I used this on an amplifier, due to ideas at that time. I currently own and still use the smaller version on my SACD, and am real happy with the performance. I like the idea of having all vibrations being absent from my transport, simply rotation and music. This is my bent, don't feel compelled to agree, just look into the isolation theory.

Thanks for looking.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Radio Shack A/V Wall Plate (10/10) *SOLD*- The explanation is pretty simple, 3 position A/V wall plate, brand new, never used. The wall plate has output/input for a single video source and the L/R audio to accompany it. Here is a link:

RS A/V Wall Plate

The wall plate looks much better in person, the link photo sucks. Gold connectors, white faceplate. Original packaging.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    RSWP
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    MB300
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    RCA
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Yamaha
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2004
    Hello, fellas.

Sony ES CLASS TUNA for $50? WTF are you waiting for? Garbage tunas cost that much.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2004
    Can you post a pic of the tuna?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Tuna?
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    ES - Faceplate is MINT, the aforementioned scratches are on the body.
  • madmax
    edited July 2004
    How did I know there would be a big pic of a tuna on here this morning? :D You have a PM.
    madmax

• dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    The BSA AM19(Emlyn) and ES Tuner(Madmax) have been sold, thanks you guys :) List has been updated.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited July 2004
    What a cute little UPS unit you have next to your Yamaha.....;)
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Isn't it tho' :D The previous owner must have had good taste also ;)
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2004
    Good looking fish. It's not gonna fit in the can.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited July 2004
    That is one big **** tuna! :eek:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2004
    It's not gonna fit in the can

EFF the can!!! Carve that bad boy up, sashimi appetizers and THICK old steaks on the grill!!!! MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!;)
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Price Reduction.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    The Sony ES tuner is back up for SALE. $50 including shipping.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Sprint PCS Samsung N-400 PCS Vision Wireless Phone (9/10) *SOLD* - I work for Sprint PCS, and just upgraded the phone for the wife to handle the new 2-Way calling feature. We will probably not use that either.

This is a Sprint PCS Samsung N400(9/10) w/ sealed manual, lanyard, standard battery, original packaging and home charger. I am including, at no charge, the optional camera that was available...is still available actually. Camera includes lanyard, original packaging and battery.

It's a real nice phone, 3G(Vision)capable, meaning you can download ringtones...games...screensavers, all that jazz. I played Defender on it, ages ago, but she got mad at me, and took it back.

THIS PHONE DOES NOT INCLUDE SPRINT PCS SERVICE. IT IS INOP. YOU MUST ACTIVATE IT UNDER YOUR OWN ACCOUNT.

The phone has been upgraded with the latest software, and is 100% in working condition. The camera is ok, none of the pictures will make the cover of US News & World Reports....but they are available for funny moments.

I am not in sales or the customer service department, but am available for help after the sale. I work in Network Field Operations and am available to you via phone anytime, PM me for the number.

There are a couple on Ebay now...they normally hit $40-50, and they don't include shipping, the camera, sometimes accesories, or help if you have issues. My price is real cool...dig it.
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Samsung N-400 + Camera
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited July 2004
    Doro,

Send me your mailing address and I will get you a MO out for the phone and camera, if it's still available.

Carlos
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Carlos - No problem, PM sent. Go ahead and email me your shipping address, and I will ship it out today if I can get into the office. Thanks for picking up the phone :)

dorokusai@comcast.net

Mark
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited July 2004
    Doro,

MO sent,

Thanks,

CRj
  • dorokusai
    edited July 2004
    Sony ES Tuner($45), RCA Remote($65), MC 18ft. Sub Cable($30) and RS A/V Wall Plates still available. Shipping is included anywhere in CONUS....or even Alaska for Pmckeealaska :)

Hey, make an offer if anything seems out of line. I try and price items on a get the hell outta here level, but I am flexible.

Madmax tested the tuner out, and found it to be very good in FM but not a trailblazer in the AM band. If you are into AM, then this tuner is not for you. I believe in full disclosure, so there you have it.

This is the last week for these items, then it's off to Ebay or Half.com. Thanks for looking.
  • madmax
    edited July 2004
    Doro let me try out the tuner. The FM portion of this tuner is awesome. It digs really low and has a great soundstage. There is a reason it had such a high MSRP when new! I wanted it for AM only but it wasn't quite as good in AM as my Soundcraftsmen so I declined.
    madmax

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited July 2004
    As someone pointed out earlier: You'd be hard pressed to find a working "junk" tuner for much less than $45 shipped! Somebody please buy this thing before I have to---- I definately do NOT need it......

(I don't??)

NO! You don't! You don't listen to radio anyway.

(But I might, if I had a good tuner!)

But you're flat boke!

(Good point..._)
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2004
    Dude, send me the tuna back, I'll cut a check. I've got a Fisher Tube for AM.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2004
    Madmax, they still have AM stations where you live???;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    edited July 2004
    Glenn Beck, Dr Laura, Rush Limbaugh, all the republicans... Spyderman could tell you all the names. I'm sure it annoys him when people listen to this stuff. Reason enough for me... Pretty fun to listen to. It's all on AM baby!
    madmax