Laying my mom to rest today

Comments

• TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited December 2013
    Sorry for your loss. Praying for your family during this difficult time.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• starkiller
    starkiller Posts: 2,723
    edited December 2013
    Oh man, really sorry to hear this!! Our thoughts and prayers to everyone!
    Computer room Hegeman 1 SpeakersM&K VX-80 subKenwood DP-7010Cambridge Audio CXC Transport Rega DACPrimaLuna Prologue Four AmpAric Audio Tube PreampGarage Jennings Research SquareCustom tube preampCrown XLS-1000Denon DCD-1500II Modded MSB Link DAC
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    edited December 2013
    None of us like to see our parents suffer in the end, but the majority of us do. It is never easy because when they pass on a part of us passes on also. Keep her memories in your daily thoughts, and many smiles will be bestowed upon you. Mothers are very special. Sorry for your loss and sorrow.
    [
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    edited December 2013
    I too am facing mom issues at the moment....

I will be praying for you and your family, and my deepest condolences on your loss.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for the thoughts everyone.
    Probably the hardest part was seeing my dad cry for only the second time in my life.

She was indeed an amazing lady, as all mothers are. What makes her extra special is that she took us in and treated us as her own when our biological mother walked away 37 years ago (15 days after my younger brother was born).
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited December 2013
    I am very sorry for your loss. I offer prayers to you and all of your family. Remember the good times you all had together.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2013
    Sincerest condolences to you and your family--God Bless
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    edited December 2013
    My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited December 2013
    There's not much worse than losing your mom. I'm very sorry for your loss Ryan, may she rest in peace.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2013
    Moms are special. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2013
    My deepest condolences.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    edited December 2013
    So sorry for your loss, my condolences.
    Was once told, moving on is the easy part, what one leaves behind is the hard part.
    All the best to you and your family at this difficult time...
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    edited December 2013
    Very sorry to hear. Hope you are doing well and find comfort with your loved ones.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,056
    edited December 2013
    Sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • heartystatue
    heartystatue Posts: 329
    edited December 2013
    Sorry for your loss,. What a fighter. May she rest in peace. God bless. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    HT: LSI15, LSIC, LSIFX, Emo XPA-3:biggrin: Onkyo TXNR809, Sony BDP-S500, PannyDMP-BDT320, MIT S1 SC. Mit 73842dlp
    2ch: SDA-SRS 2.3 Fully modded. BAT VK500 w/batpak, BAT VK5I, Essence HDACC.
  • agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    edited December 2013
    My condolences to you and your family.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited December 2013
    Very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. May she rest in peace.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,021
    edited December 2013
    Seems like a heck of a lady and quite a fighter. Take comfort in the good times and pass along the love she gave you.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited December 2013
    What great people, we wish and pray for peace and understanding for you and your family.

For what its worth, I believe we will know each other in a far better place someday, not an opinion based on any man made religion, just a faith.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,163
    edited December 2013
    Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited December 2013
    Please accept my condolences for the loss of your mother. May she Rest in Peace and Peace be with you and yours during this difficult time.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited December 2013
    Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. She's with all the other angels now.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    edited December 2013
    Sorry for your loss. It's a tough time to go through. Condolences to you and your family.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,192
    edited December 2013
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,739
    edited December 2013
    Very sorry for your loss, sounds like she was quite the trooper. Our deepest condolences to you and your family.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited December 2013
    Sorry for your loss.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited December 2013
    Your Mom was included in our saying of Grace last night. Feel bad for you man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited December 2013
    Thank you again, everyone, for your thoughts. They really mean a lot to me.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • sandworms
    sandworms Posts: 1,043
    edited December 2013
    Just checked the forum today after not reading for a few days, sad to hear the news. I can't imagine how you feel, luckily my moms still kickin but she's get up in years and the thought of losing her is devistating
    Our prayers for your family sent
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited December 2013
    Condolences to you and your family.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.