Drafting/cad for enclosure designing

LittleCar_w/12s
LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
edited July 2004 in Custom Fabrication
Does anyone have a recommendation on a great drafting or CAD program to help design speaker and sub enclosures? Anything that can also parse sound wave direction and interference would be good too. Polk installers have sugg's too?
-Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
Post edited by LittleCar_w/12s on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited June 2004
    Well, very nice peice of software, but I am looking for something that will generate wave reflection diagrams for any box shape, I'd be happy with one that simply lets me draw this thing up and makes the measurements for me, cause it will have some weird **** angles in it.
    -Jerry

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited June 2004
    I don't think there's anything out there to do all of that...
    There are some math programs out there you could program to do all of that, but the programs are very expensive (many thousands) and generally impossible to find a pirated copy of.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    why would he need a pirated copy...
    those are illegal!!:eek:
    i for one could not even conceive the thought of robbing a multibillion dollar company like microsoft!
    j/k;)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • LittleCar_w/12s
    edited July 2004
    Gee... I found my way out of the jungle of moving...
    Well, I guess I'll have to draft it up myself... gosh, I just wanted to be lazy just this ONCE.... :rolleyes:
    -Jerry