Opinions on polk R10's

Eadion
Eadion Posts: 5
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
I am planning on purchasing a set of R10's to be used as surrounds in my home theater. They are to replace a CRAPPY set of Bose 141's which I bought a few years ago before I discovered Polk. Does anyone have any opinions about the R10's?? Are they decent surround speakers???

Thanks for any input... Ed

Oh yea.. The old Bose are going out in the garage where they belong.
Post edited by Eadion on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    For a few bucks more go with the rt15i or the rt25i. I think you would be pleased with either one. The R10 is not bad, these are just better. Check out this thread
    rt25i . You can get either for less than $200/pr.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • daniam
    daniam Posts: 9
    edited March 2002
    I'm using a pair of r10's for my surrounds and they are prefectly fine, you should not pay much more than $100 for them, but if you have the money go for the rt15i, about $175, or the rt25i, about $200. They're all good.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2002
    All the speakers mentioned are cool. I have a pair of R10's, you can find them for about 80 bones a pair at CC, for surrounds and am not ashamed of them a bit.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • bounty5
    bounty5 Posts: 20
    edited March 2002
    I have a pair of both, actually an older version R1. I received a set of RT15's this past xmas. I would have to say, the difference in output is quite noticeable. Given the choice, i would have opted up yet another grade to the RT25's, as more always seems to work better in the long run. The price, at least out here is marginal in comparison.