Another Dual front question.

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
The last couple of threads regarding dual front speakers has intrigured me. I used dual fronts for many years with an older stereo setup and really liked the sound. I quit using them when I got a new receiver that would not allow me to run A and B speakers at the same time and I didn't consider parallel or series hookup.

Would this work? Could you take a 5 channel amp such as the Parasound HCA-885a and run a y from each main preout to four channels of the amps and one to the center channel? This way you could have 85W running to each of the fronts. Dual fronts and a center. This would still allow you to use a separate amp for the surrounds if needed. What do you think...would this work or not?
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited March 2002
    Hi:

Don't see why not. Run a Y out of each of your receivers main pre-outs left and right into channel 1234 of your amp respectively. Conect the appropriate speakers. Run your center from channel 5 of your amp.

Gary
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    Seems like it'd be great. If your next amp was bigger, you could use this for whichever front was larger.
    Make it Funky! :)