It was a good year, goodbye till next Spring!

Options
schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,328
edited November 2013 in The Clubhouse
Those of you who know me personally, understand my passion for flower gardening is equal to my love for vintage audio and music. I spent the last two weekends removing my plants from the garden and into the mulch. I garden predominately with annuals. It allows me to change my garden from year to year, introduce new plants and experiment. My garden takes a lot of planning, preparation, planting, maintenance, weeding, feeding . . . . I think you get my point. Each year at this time it's like saying goodbye to a friend. Please allow me to indulge with a few photographs of this years garden. Goodbye till next year!

P9160065.jpg

PA130001.jpg

P8120024.jpg

PA130015.jpg

P8120013.jpg

P8120012.jpg

PA130004.jpg

P9190074.jpg

P9160058.jpg

P8260036.jpg
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,038
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Very nice...I created many gardens like that back in my days...very rewarding.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Gorgeous Carl....your lucky to have some sun back there. I have a heavily wooded lot and lack of sun limits my choices greatly. I do see you chose mostly annuals though, any specific reason ? Just to change it up every year ? Flowers are getting pretty frickin' expensive in the spring in my neck of the woods.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks guys! Tony, I just like to change it up and experiment with new plants. Flowers are getting expensive!! I bury a nice DAC or a midfi system every Spring :)

It's cheaper than college tuition. When my older two children were in college, I felt like I was driving a Mercedes off a cliff every September. Of course, their education paid off for both of them and they are enjoying a good independant living. I guess I am exaggerating for fun!
    Carl

• zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Any chance you would want to spend a couple of months at my place, those pix are beautiful.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Looks like a very nice and relaxing space, good work!
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,456
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Looks great Carl. I have a friend who is really into it kinda like you & it brings him lots of joy. hats off to you that do beautiful work. Its serene to the mind. Sure your always thinking whats next :) & sometimes if ya shop around you know where to get bargains too..
    RANDY
    Randy/Maine
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,225
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Very Nice ! George Harrison would enjoy. Cheers.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Stunning as always Carl. Our neighbor is also a flower gardener, she has a green house that she starts almost all of her plants in from seed.

I envy the talent and passion "you people" seem to possess :smile:
  • tonyb
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Stunning as always Carl. Our neighbor is also a flower gardener, she has a green house that she starts almost all of her plants in from seed.
    :

Smart woman.....obviously knows what flowers cost.

Carl,
    Looking at your pics, my brain works like a cash register looking at all the annuals. For that kinda coin, you could have bought a Porsche....on Ebay.....delivered.

None the less, looks beautiful bro. Keep doing what you do. Gardening is like therapy for me, keeps me from choking the sh&t out of people.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • michael1947
    michael1947 Posts: 775
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I looked very closely and could not find any "hidden rock speakers", what gives?
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • tonyb
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I looked very closely and could not find any "hidden rock speakers", what gives?

If you could see them, then they wouldn't be "hidden" now would they. LOL
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Beautiful work carl,That stuff wil keep you young , i mean it.

I started gardening after my dads death to help my mom get her flowers and veggies in every year.

Long story short, ended up falling in love with gardening, earning my degree in horticulture, and having my own landscaping business.

Some of my fondest memorys are from being in someones yard, my hands in the dirt, tons of mulch piled up, waiting to be spread.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Beautiful property man.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,316
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I can guarantee you that garden is easier than trying to grow Steve's rock garden out in Arizona. *pokes elbow at Steve*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ...yeah them dern rocks need constant watering. LOL
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited November 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Carl,
    Looking at your pics, my brain works like a cash register looking at all the annuals. For that kinda coin, you could have bought a Porsche....on Ebay.....delivered.

Heck, probably could have even covered a couple pairs of skinny jeans and return shipping on some misdirected fancy-schmancy speaker cables too! ;-p

Looks very, very nice, Carl. Well done! Hope you took some time to actually relax and enjoy yourself out there, instead of just working all the time.
  • tonyb
    edited November 2013
    Options
    People that garden, know why others do it too. Keeps us from turning into serial killers.

Speaking of which, how do you get those flowers to grow so well Carl ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    People that garden, know why others do it too. Keeps us from turning into serial killers.

Speaking of which, how do you get those flowers to grow so well Carl ?

Funny you should ask, last year Scompracer traveled to my home as we were going to drive to Polkfest together. After a wild night in Pittsburgh, we had to bury the dead hookers in my yard prior for leaving for Baltimore. In the picture you can see the small banana tree we planted as cover.

IMG_0388_zps66c3e947.jpg

This year, that tree has sprouted into a monster. I figure by next year it will be 15 ft. tall. Here is a picture of me and the tree in late Summer:

PA130008.jpg
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options

I think that I need some rock speakers. I could play coyote howls at night to keep the deer away and the neighbors awake :)
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Thanks for all the kind words guys! Gardening is very therapudic in some many ways. It helps me to relieve stress, enjoy the outdoor and just the sheer satisfaction of seeing all of your hardwork come alive and grow. My father use to garden as a hobby and I've been doing it for about 30 years.

Thanks again!
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    Release the Kraken!

Mike! The Kraken is standing in my petunias!!! Too funny!
    Carl

• boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,456
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Keep up the great work Carl. May next year bring more happiness..
    Randy
    Randy/Maine
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Nice garden Carl,feels good to bury your hands in the dirt.
    Dan
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Carl, Carl, quite contrary, how does your beautiful garden grow?
    We plant the hookers that snorted too many lines of snow….

Beautiful Carl! That special fertilizer works!

We had a great year here too. And the fall colors seemed so much deeper and richer in hue than last year.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • helipilotdoug
    helipilotdoug Posts: 1,229
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Looks very peaceful. Your hard work makes your place beautiful. Banana tree in PA? WoW, I'd never dream you could grow one up there.
    Sunfire Theater Grand IV
    Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature
    SRS 2.1TL
    SDA 2BTL's
    CSiA6
    FXiA4
    FXiA6
    SDA 2A's
    Monitor 10A's

http://www.douglasconnection.com
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    edited February 2020
    Options
  • BlueBirdMusic
    Options
    "Spam in Disguise" by how well the story fit the thread.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,204
    Options
    LissMaker wrote: »
    Ten posts of spam dating back to December 2nd and still not banned.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,826
    Options
    I like how Photo*ucket now leaves the original images posted, but blurs the Hell out of them. I guess nothing has changed?
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Since this thread is semi-reanimated (after a Spamflurry, it seems...), and FWIW:

I finally managed to get my Photobucket account deleted. Now any of my old content isn't blurry, it's gone. :)

Amusingly, Photobucket makes the vanished content's unavailability look temporary. :#

alroamdfe8pc.png

Yeah, sucka -- that image won't be back.

Most of it is available via Flikr (FWIW); anything else I have backed up here and ready to go at a moment's notice ;)