WTB Book shelves and a sub

Options
warviper
warviper Posts: 585
edited July 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hey guys gonna put togeather a system for my little sister and want some bookshelves and a sub to help with the lower end that im sure the book shelves will be lacking in. I have heard great things about the nht 3bs and would be happy with that if someone has apair avalible. This is for music so boomy subs need not apply. Thanx for the help and the price that im working with is not realy an consideration. It all depends on whats avalible used from you guys. And screw the Ebay police if you see something on ebay with a bin feature please post it here. Thanx for the help.
Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
Post edited by warviper on

Comments

• Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I have a pair of Boston A40s I can let go for $40. The corners are not pefect, but in otherwise good shape. I got them from Woodyjacobs here.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I have a Yamaha YST-60 subwoofer. I wouldn't call it the most accurate sub, but it should be fine for the intended application.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I have a pair of near-mint Infinity RS 1 bookshelves. They were packaged with a Receiver I wanted in an ebay auction and I really don't need the speakers. I'm not sure what to ask for them, as I haven't seen a pair sell on ebay recently so I don't know what they are fetching.

5 1/4" woof and 1" tweet. Very decent-sounding speaker...pretty comparable to a Polk R10 or R15.

Make an offer, maybe?

Woody
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited July 2004
    Options
  • warviper
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Hmmm those nht sound mighty nice. Dont know enough about speakers to tell on the others. Come on Sean give me your best price and Ill see if I can swing it. I was hoping to do it for under 500 but you can never tell what people will offer.

Hey Doro didnt you own a psw202? If so how was it for music I looked at the specs on it and I didnt think it went verry low.
  • warviper
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Alright Sean let me see if thats the way I wanna go Ill get back to you on monday and tell you for sure. Feel free to sell to some one else before then though. I heard that they are superb speakers.