What about this Sub?

Options
shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Obviously the HSU VTF-2 is a good sub as has been reported here and elsewhere. I am leaning in another direction. I know we had a discussion a few days ago about ported vs sealed subs. I guess I am not you typical HT guy. I don't really want to rattle the windows and walls and watch my sub jump all over the room and feel my kidneys vibrate. I want good clean bass that is very quick and musical but that can handle HT too. It seems to me that a good sealed sub should fit my needs. I have been considering the Adire Audio Rava. It is a 250W, 12" sealed sub.

Juice - I know you considered the Rava based on a forum search. Is there any particular reason you went with the HSU?

RuSsMaN also recommend the Rava ...but has anyone heard this sub? Do you think it will go well with my speakers (Rt55is, Rt15is and cs245i)?
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    having not heard either the HSU or the rava before purchasing, i was going strickly on web/magazine reviews. i was intrigued with the HSU's double port system that allows you to have two modes, one being max extention, and one max output, so i had to try it out for myself:D i also found a couple people on the web i could talk to about the HSU (they having owned it) so i think that helped a bit in my decision as well. the rava seems to be a really great sub though as well from all the reviews it has gotten. honestly, i think you would be happy with either, but i can only vouche for the HSU...

good luck, and let us know what you go with.