WTB Panasonic SA-XR45

AintJoM0mma
AintJoM0mma Posts: 131
edited June 2004 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
Hey, im looking for a Panasonic SA-XR45 receiver. New condition, no scratches/dents. Preferably silver.
I = NOOOOOOoooooo000b

Post edited by AintJoM0mma on

Comments

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited June 2004
    Just buy the 494 down below. Your budget, fully loaded and a great starter reciever with plenty of hookups to grow.:confused:
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited June 2004
    I know why you are looking for the 45.
    It benched my onk and my yammie, all the reviews are true.
    The little cheap digital panny now drives my SDAs.
    Sorry it will stay but I hear they are coming with more,its black anyway :)
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • bokdaddy
    bokdaddy Posts: 176
    edited June 2004
    I thought you already bought one on eBay. No?
    Home:
    Denon AVR-1803
    Polk CSi30
    Polk RTi70
    Polk RTi28
    Polk PSW-303

Car:
    Kenwood KDC-BT945U
    RF Punch P400-4
    Polk MM6501
    Polk MM651
    RF Punch P300-1
    Boston Acoustics G312-4
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited June 2004
    Wow. I briefly (3 days) tried out the SA-XR25. Thought it sounded like crap. Tried it driving my Athena sub/sat system, my Advent Prodigys and a pair of Rti28s. Just didn't do anything for me. To each their own.

I am now trying out a JVC RX-DV3 Receiver/DVD unit. I like it much better than I liked the Panny. Particularly since it cost half as much and has a very respectable prog scan dvd player built in. Saves a lot space, which I don't have much of in my office rig.
    I was impressed enough with it to try it out in the main system. There it proved to be lacking a bit (much bigger room, much hungrier speakers), but all in all I think it is a keeper.
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • read-alot
    edited June 2004
    The big empty space in the 25 vs no more room in the 45 I am told is the difference.Something to do with more or bigger power supply.
    Or it could be that now Im old my ears just play tricks on my brain:)
    Its like it was 20 years ago when I staggered in to the SDAs every one was saying they were a gimic but I listened to the most amazing sound and they came home with me.
    Digital amplification sounds good to me too.
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • AintJoM0mma
    edited June 2004
    Scott, the 454 or whatever wont dive 4 LSi's. Thanks for the suggestion though. It looks like I will have to wait for the SA-XR70 to be released. The only other receivers with digital amps are sonys digital drive line. I heard they are very dry sounding though, ill stick with the pannys.
    I = NOOOOOOoooooo000b

• woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited June 2004
    You are absolutely right, the little Onkyo won't drive the LSis. Best of luck with your new Panny when you get it.

Woody
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited June 2004
    From what I read on www.audiocircle.com, the Panasonic digital receivers takes a long time, as in weeks of continuous play, to break in. And replacing the detachable power cord with an after-market power cord will yield big improvements.

Last I checked, www.vanns.com still has brand-new SA-XR25 available for under $200.00
  • AintJoM0mma
    edited June 2004
    Nah my friend is selling his sony AVD-S50 ES which is a step above the panny. I think I will just get that, also considering more expensive rotels. Thanks for all your help guys.
    I = NOOOOOOoooooo000b

• hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2004
    Got a call today from a good friend of mine that said he had something for me to play with. When I got there he had a panny xr25 that he had picked up new in the box at sears for 100. Sent me home with it tonight and got it connected but kids are in bed so I can't do any critical listening until tomorrow. I do know that even with the fronts set to large and bass att. at full throttle I was not to impressed with the bass response at low volume, I do know that much already.

I put in monsters inc. and went to the part were she laughs and did not have squat in the bass department, the h.k. 525 I had did not have that issue at low volume. Plus I should mention that I am not using a sub, I am running rta 15tl's that have ample amounts of bass without the use of a sub. If I decide to keep it I am going to have to use one I guess. Sort of defeats the purpose of having the tl's...no?

Mike
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2004
    O.k....sound is clean but bass is still very lacking. I have had it on since early this morning and it has improved a tad but nothing to write home about. Also the rta's are just to much for it, even at a moderate listening level it goes into overload in just a short bit and will go into overload everytime I change the track on the depeche mode dvd that I was playing. This sucker is now going back to my friend for him to return it...I think it's not worth any amount and I will stick to analog amplification .....end of story.
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • read-alot
    edited June 2004
    The 45 drives SDAs.
    The bass is is left up to Mr HSU.
    NO PROBLEMS
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo

B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2004
    I did not know that your up to the minute "dream" system consisted the LSI's now. Sorry but that Panny will not do nothing for ya either. Think Krell.
    I can't keep up with the new Sid. ;)
    No interest......... Got you guys running in circles. Pretty funny!!!
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,969
    edited June 2004
    Any digital amp receiver will run the LSi Scott...

Hate to break that to ya.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2004
    Sounds great to me - lets all buy digital amps now. The fact is Trey, you want something a LOT more defined for these speakers and the current low end digital amps on the market are not the best way to go right now especially with the larger LSi's.

These are not the end all for amplifiers - the rest of the market would have crumbled by now. Some of the high end models are having a hard time getting praise.

I would say 90% of people running LSi's on this forum are not using pure digital amp's.

I'm just having fun watching this kid play with you guys.

;)
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Not that they are the end all...

But show me a 200 dollar SS receiver that can run them ;)

Since you are on top of your game.

I agree, there is ALOT better choices out there.

I wouldn't trade my B&K for any digital amp :cool:
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2004
    Just because it can run them "louder" for cheaper does not mean it will sound good. A lower power quality reciever at the same price WILL probably sound better.

"I wouldn't trade my B&K for any digital amp" - so you get my point then.;)
  • VR3
    edited June 2004
    Nah Digi Amps sound good (according to Sean) --

I would probally trade the B&K for a similarly priced 2 channel digi amp...but not a receiver.
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2004
    You know how it is something always new and better coming out.
    Digital IS the future!!!!!!!
  • scottvamp
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by scottvamp

No interest......... Got you guys running in circles. Pretty funny!!!
    This kid is having his way with you nice fellows. This is my entire point. And yes high end digital amps are coming of age.
    Like I said
    1) thier is always something bigger and better around every corner in the electronics bussiness.
    2)Digital Is the future.

Peace
    ;)