Carolina Polk Fest 2013 (Items Wanted, FS or FT)

Options
EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,533
edited October 2013 in Gatherings & Special Events
The purpose of this thread is to bring buyers and sellers together in advance of Polkfest. This is ONLY for gear that you can pickup or deliver to Polkfest.

If your going to Polkfest and are looking for a particular piece of gear, post what you want in this thread here, with the words "Wanted"

If your going to Polkfest and are planning on bringing, or can bring a piece (if there is intrest) post it here, with if its For Sale or For Trade or both.

Please list what you would be willing to pay for a "Wanted" item, prices for items "For Sale" and items you would be willing to take in "Trade" for the appropriate items.

Hopefully this thread can help some folks make connections to sell/buy gear. This is especially relevant for bigger pieces that are only worth transporting if there is a seller lined up (SDA's, subs, etc)

I have no dogs in this fight as I cant make it this year :sad:.

Post away!
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm probably going to do some closet cleaning....

Things that may be on the auction block (some Dave may have dibs on already)

Quad ESL 988's
    Dodd Battery Preamp
    Audiosource amp
    Misc Polk Bookshelves
    MIT MH-750 speaker cables
    B&W Matrix 804's (perhaps...)
    Older Denon 3600 receiver (older but great sounding unit)

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Troy, any thought on prices on any of those?
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • TroyD
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Quads...2k
    Dodd...1,500
    803's (they are 803's not 804's)......800 (again, these may or may not be for sale)
    MIT MH-750 - 300 (guess, I have no idea what the market on these brings...)

They other stuff is grunt.....probably raffle type stuff
  • TNHNDYMAN
    TNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,145
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Anybody interested in paying for 2 nights for me and the wife, at the hotel where most of the members are staying in exchange for a VMPS Model 215 passive subwoofer?
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I will have my Tylers potentially depending if they sell between now and then and a set of ok condition RTI10
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I can bring just about anything on my "Local P/U Only List" (wherever that is), except for large speakers.
  • George Grand
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I can hand-deliver this stuff to Polkfest.

Desktop Stuff

Nakamichi R1 Mini-receiver w/matching cd/cassette player. Two chassis, black, Nak mini-system that I bought to put on my nightstand and use with headphones. I have never used it once. $100

Aiwa C50 preamp, P50 power amp, R50 tuna, all silver fascia total separates desktop rig. $100

Not Quite Desktop

Kenwood KA5700/KT5500 40wpc integrated amp/tuna silver combo very nice $60

Sansui TU-7700 tuna, old-style Sansui black from the 70's. $100. Buy this and I'll throw in the almost cosmetically perfect matching Sansui AU-6600 40wpc integrated amp that I can't get to make a sound. Maybe just fuses, I have too many other proyects.

Dolby Digital Receivers (No HDMI jobs)

Harmon-Kardon AVR-510 This thing is a beast. Has remote. $100
    Onk TX-SR500 might have remote $50
    Onk TX-SR501 has remote $60
    Yamaha RX-V795A No remote $60

Cassette

Akai GXC-760D Gorgeous silver job $50
    Teac V-909RX $100

Turntables? Yes.

Vintage silver stereo receivers? Yes

Small speakers? Yes.

Just ask, PM's okay.
  • George Grand
    edited September 2013
    Options
    How about some studio or DJ equipment stuff hand-delivered? At present, I have:

A truly obnoxious Cerwin-Vega, V-15B, passive, PA type speaker in grey wooly box. The box is in marvelous shape. Inside the box is a 15" woofer, a very large horn (probably the mid), and a bullet looking tweeter thing. If you really want to get your idea across with a minimum of hassle and not too much concern about ultimate fidelity, this is your ticket. $50

Sampson S-6 six channel/input mixer with onboard stereo power amp, EQ, and a GREAT MANY knobs. Very nice condition. $50

Tascam 238S Syncassette - Mondo serious recording studio cassette machine. Original box but no packing (I will not charge extra for the lack of foam packing). $50

Tascam DA-20 - Mondo serious studio type DAT recorder with one piece of blank tape. This is not a DAT machine like the ones available for home use. A piece of blank tape for this thing is the size of a paperback book. For $50, be the first one on your block.

SONY PCM2500A/PCM2500B - Two-chassis pro DAT recording system, like the little DAT tapes that were available for home use. I have at least 10 unused pieces of Maxell 60 minute DAT to go with it. $100

A box of cabling came with this stuff as well.
  • EndersShadow
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Bump for folks going.... Counting down
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    GC- I'm pretty interested in the Kenwood combo KA 5700 and KT 5500. Not 100% sure on buying it but call it 85-90, please bring it and let me have a look. I'd love the Sansui tuner, but it will depend on what I sell local before Friday as far as money avail- so if you bring it, I'm your guy to temp to empty his wallet.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Guys I'm not sure the best way to post a few of the items I have avail currently. For some of you it may not be at your level of gear, but everyone starts somewhere, and I'm trying to sell a few things to move my own system up a notch or two. I've got about 40 ads up on the local CL the past few days and if you have a few minutes to kill scan thru my listings to see if anything strikes your fancy.

The best way to find them would to do a keyword search of Nakamichi since those ads are rare that appear, I put the word in my keyword list at the bottom of my vintage gear ads just to draw those that may be searching for particular brands.

Ignore the prices because those are just starting points for locals. Polk members will receive a healthy discount on almost anything I have listed, so if you see something you might be interested in just post here or shoot me a pm and I'll give a direct delivered to PF price.

Here's the link to my local Tri Cities TN CL... thanks- Travis

http://tricities.craigslist.org/

• George Grand
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I hate to do this at this late date, but I'm a no-show. The typhoon on the eastern seaboard is the dealbreaker. I was hoping for the best, but the timing of this thing is perfect. 11-12 hours minimum on 95 south in high winds and heavy rain is going to be a death ride. Wendi, Troy, I apologize.
  • TroyD
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I'm bummed about that but I think I can hear Ted doing cartwheels from here.....

BDT
  • TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Alright guys times running out and I've not had ANY feedback on some of my accumulated gear so let me put a list of a few things on here that might get some attention....

VMPS Model 215 passive sub- without box (won't fit in hatch) $175

Polk 7b's with peerless tweets and MW6500 mids- cabs little rough but not horrible $75

Polk Monitor 4's have original box and packing but need to see if I can fit all in car (can definitely bring spkrs) $40

Focal JM Labs Chorus 705's -- $125

Advent Mini Monitors $30

Pioneer SA 6500II- quite dirty but functions great and have extra clean faceplate somewhere $65

Yamaha CR 640 works fine needs lights in tuning dial- $70

Nakamichi FM430 tuner- beat up a little but works fine $40

Marantz, Onkyo, BP 10 ch eq's $25/ea choice

Adcom GTP 600 pre amp- got in pkg deal controls scratchy haven't tried to clean yet- $50 has a remote

B & W DM604 1st gen- tweets and mids ok, 3 of 4 other 8" drivers need new surrounds and one grill broke $150

• TNHNDYMAN
    edited October 2013
    Options
    NAD 216THX 125wpc amp - $150

NAD 916 6 ch HT amp 30 wpc bridgeable to 3 ch @ 80 wpc - $120

Phase Tech Teatro 4.5 bookshelfs, good looking and sounding speaker - $40