someone better answer this or i'll be peeved

2»

Comments

• wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited March 2002
    i do think mtv needs a translater for ozzy most of the time.
    and if we had a dollar for everytime he said **** we could all retire
    i look forward to seeing ozzy more then the real world
    anymore. the last great ozzy tour i think weas the crazy babies
    tour we he was out of control.

scott :cool:
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2002
    Yeah, this season of "Real World" is real lame. It's tough even thinking of which of the little spoiled pretty **** is most deserving of my thorough and abiding hatred.

The little chippy with the sexy lips, tho, the one who is turning out to be "the coolest" female on the show because she's not buying anything the square-headed jock is selling, is getting to me.

But I stick with it, cause you never know when you'll get some girl-girl action, or brief glimpse of youthful nudity. And I'm all for that.

I love how you can't understand anything Ozzy says! That is a SCREAM! I spend most of the show doubled over in laughter. "ROCK AND ROLL!" he screams, his old mouth full of gum! He's GREAT!

:cool:
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • dylan
    dylan Posts: 453
    edited March 2002
    "I'm not picking up any more fu@$% dog turds, I'm a rock star!!"

The Osbourne's is the most entertaining thing in a long time... the one next week where they're warring with the neighbors looks hilarious.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited March 2002
    Ah, look: another reason I don't listen to anything called "system of a down":

http://download.consumptionjunction...dia/cj_8700.wmv

Sorry, metalheads. You're dopes.

:cool:
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Micah Cohen
    edited March 2002
    ... Or I'm a dope for not having a working link.

Let me work on this one.

Damn.

"I'm a rock star!" LOL!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• wangotango68
    edited March 2002
    whom the hell are all the extra people in there house? and all those dogs, get the **** rid of them,they **** all over the house
    brand new house at that.

scott:cool:
  • Micah Cohen
    edited March 2002
    Try this...

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58090

Who knows what I'm doing. Step away from the keyboard! I'm like Ozzy! I don't have to figure this out! I'm a rock star!

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• Micah Cohen
    edited March 2002
    But then, sometimes he's totally lucid and funny as hell. Like, when the dog therapist came over; her name was "Tamara." And when she's leaving, Ozzy -- who didn't even want to talk to her -- shouts out, "See ya Tamara! See ya Tamara!" He is so effing funny, I swear I almost lost my Cheerios on that one!

OZZY!
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• wangotango68
    edited March 2002
    holy ****!!! that is the funiest think i have seen in a long time!
    you know all of us have done that at some time or another.

scott:cool:
  • Micah Cohen
    edited March 2002
    Right!

And "system of a down," whatever the hell that is, still sucks. Mostly because their group name is STUPID.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2002
    I love the Osbourne family show. They take the Crazy Train song and make it into a super cheesy sitcom tune for the opening. I am just afraid they will make some new reality shows for other rock stars. What is strange is that being a huge fan of Ozzy(have all the lp's up to No More Tears's) is that I can understand everything he is saying. How weird is that? I almost WANT to be part of the family. I was trying to figure out who the one chick was. I'm guessing she is a nanny of sort's. They also mentioned another Daughter that isn't there.?? Anyway I laugh me a$$ off and will not miss an episode. Ozzy is the man!!! I do not care how shakky and stutery he gets, I totally respect the man. :cool:
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    if you take one boy band change their cloths and make them sing a different boy bands song you cant tell the differance and this britney christina pink thing i guess if you are hot and you cal allmost sing and you get someine to write you a song you can cash in i mean if you can have a tv show that makes a band that is sad
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2002
    i will have to say that i enjoy pink, she writes her own music.
    i had to check out her missunazstood album because i like the comin up song, the album is really good. the lyrics and music are very good. my cheesy top 40 obsession is pink
    27134ARISTA6.jpg
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • Nashvilletitans
    Nashvilletitans Posts: 80
    edited March 2002
    show ROCKS, always been an Ozzy fan.........always will. IMHO Ozzy has the greastest voice in metal/rock there has ever been.Hell,it just fits plain and simple!
    Think about it, in the late 60s he had teen rebels chanting his name.......35 years later..........teens chanting his name and banging their heads...OZZY-OZZY. hahahahaha

And if ya can't find the humor in the show on MTV,you are taking life way to seriously. As confused as he seems sometimes while fumbling around with a remote or looking at a cell phone like its an alien when it rings,,,,,,,,,he still has some really good one liners. When a security guard outside the Leno show came up and wanted to meet him,and said Sabbath was the first concert he had ever went to, and that Grand Funk opened for them,Ozzy said where and when the show was without hesitation......."ahhh yeah.....the so&so stadium in 1971" think about it,good memory?
    Heres something I thought was funny............
  • Nashvilletitans
    Nashvilletitans Posts: 80
    edited March 2002
    MTV: What are your favorite CDs of all time?
    Ozzy: The Beatles are my favorite thing. I don't think there will be another Beatles. Slowly but surely, it's a sign of getting older--my heroes are dying off now. George Harrison recently died, which was tragic. I actually met Paul McCartney for the first time last year, which was a big thrill for me. And I'm listening to Paul McCartney's new album right now.

MTV: What current music are you into?

Ozzy: We have no option but to listen to Tool morning, noon and f**kin' night, it's Tool this, Tool that! You know, it's really funny. The other night my son said to me, "I went to see Tool last night, Dad, and saw this great band who opened for them, a band called King Crimson." I said, "Oh yeah, I've heard of them." I was like, if you like King Crimson, you probably want to listen to Yes, then you might want to listen to a band called Gentle Giant. He says, "Really?" And he comes back to me the next day and he says, "I got a chance to listen to the Gentle Giant album. It's f**king great music. How did you know about them?" Oh, I've only been around for f**king 35 years.

I miss the lack of melody [in current music] as well. I mean, a lot of people think I'm crazy for liking Creed and I like them purely because they sing! I mean, the singer of Creed sings like the guy from Pearl Jam, very close kind of voice. But I like the fact that Creed sing. I don't care if they're a Bible band, Satan band…

Every time I go out of the house, shopping with Sharon, someone will come up to me and go, "I've got a new band, here's my CD." Kids make CDs in their houses, you know. So I don't listen to that much music. To be perfectly honest with you, I should listen to more, but there's nothing really that grabs me, you know? I like the older stuff [from] when I was younger like [Led] Zeppelin, the Beatles, McCartney, [John] Lennon albums. Early [David] Bowie albums like Ziggy Stardust.
  • Micah Cohen
    edited March 2002
    I don't know what to do about this Pink chick.

Do I find her attractive? I don't know. Too thick, too much "white girl trying to be black" for me. But she's definitely dirty. I like that. Do I like her style of music? No, but it's catchy as hell in a poppy kind of way.

When I rented MOULIN ROUGE, I ended up watching the "Lady Marmalade" video about eighty times (Christina!), and then I watched the "Live" version of it, and Pink just couldn't sing live.

OZZY!

:D
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• The Old Gaffer
    The Old Gaffer Posts: 35
    edited March 2002
    I played bass in a rock band from 1968 to 1972. grew up on soul music. when everybody else was listneing to the early beatles and stones I was into the rascals, wilson picket, sam and dave, joe tex, booker t etc.. We played beatles, stones, grand funk, hendrix, the who, credence. I saw Herbie Hancock after the release of Watermelon Man at the Guthrie Theatre in MPLS, the warmup act was Graham Central Station headed by Larry Graham of Sly and the family Stone. He had developed the slap style bass technicue that was perfected by Stanley Clarke which is now used in rap music. (I HATE RAP)

I recently saw a bass player by the name of Victor Wooten who plays with Bella Fleck and the Fleck tones. He did a rap set which legitimizes rap for me. the guy is a virtuoso.
    he owns and plays the alembic bass that Stanley Clarke used on School Days. Not everything new is crap. Just hard to get used to.