Work in progress

Terrax
Terrax Posts: 483
edited June 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Heres some pics of the beginnings of my 2 channel room. They seem to have turned out a little blurry, sorry.

Terry
Post edited by Terrax on

Comments

• Terrax
    edited June 2004
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2004
    Excellent idea T, looks as cramped as mine is currently : ) How you liking those Maggie's?

You can run more distance between the rear wall...but really get it set for that room, paper spec's are just generic.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Just a couple more....:p
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2004
    WHat are you running them on? The P? Looks great!
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Okies..... one more. :cool: :p :cool: :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2004
    Real nice, I like!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Terrax
    edited June 2004
    hehe, doro, your fast. You posted faster than I could get the pics up......:D

Yeah, it is a little cramped..... the room is like, 11' wide, 9' long, and 8' high. I'll be using a nearfield listening concept, since the Maggies work great at that.

They, "for the time being will be running on my HCA1000a" till I can fund something better. The whole system still sounds pretty good even so. Using my Marantz 7300OSE as a pre, and a SD-3960 for trans.
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Thanks guys, really! doro, I am really digging the Maggies alot. I plan on spending a lot of time and effort on this, just want it to turn out nice. But, funding comes slow... :o But I'll get there. ;)
  • F1nut
    edited June 2004
    The sword worries me though.......;)

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Terrax
    edited June 2004
    HAHA, Thats what she said! It's the real thing too baby..... I started collecting battle ready swords about a year ago. Hand forged.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2004
    Maybe you could run around the Williams Team HQ with it and light a spark under their butts!

President of Club Polk

• Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Now thats a thought. Maybe next year, at the start of the season when theres a chance that spark would spur some rpm's.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited June 2004
    i like it, looks very sophisticated :D
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Thank you very much! :cool: As far as the room goes, I'm only about half way there, now for the electronics, I'm a long way away.... LOL. Little here, Little there...
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Thank you, ATC. I bet I've moved those Maggies back and forth, to and fro, a gazillion times, trying to get placement just right. The room has great acoustics, but getting the bass right has been some effort. The sub I'm using atm, blends fairly well with the Maggies, but its the placement that makes all the diff in the world. IMO.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2004
    Nice clean look. Did you come up with the decorating scheme? Nice neutral colors, soft lines.. Looks comfy;)
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited June 2004
    The great thing about those Maggies is that they double as dressing curtains! Very high WAF! :D
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Thank you, amulford.
    Aye, I came up with all of it, the color scheme, picking the treatments and hanging them, even the arrangements. I do all the decorating around the house, my wife (whom I can't thank enough) says I have a talent for it. Then I tell her "Whateeeeever". :D

Now, don't be getting any ideas, ya hear? Don't do it, don't go there. :D

T-ax
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by dragon1952
    The great thing about those Maggies is that they double as dressing curtains! Very high WAF! :D

True Dat! ;)
  • marly421
    marly421 Posts: 73
    edited June 2004
    My eyes hurt looking at your pic's.

Is it a low cost digital that simply can't focus? (I have a good one...so many button & things I can't figure it out so it's been 6 months & still no good pictures yet:-)

Nice stuff even if its a work in progess.

MyStuff
    Speakers: Polk Audio
    Center: LSiC
    Sub: PSW-505
    Front: LSi-9's
    Rear: LSi-7's

Power: Pioneer Elite, VSX-49tx
    Audio/video multi-channel receiver with THX surround EX

DVD/CD Player: Pioneer Elite, DV-45A

Cassette: Pioneer CT-W606DR
    Has digital processor [20 bit a/d d/a converter] for s/n ratio of nearly 100db's and very open sound, love it!

Turntable: Music Hall MMF-7

Cables:

Speakers: Audioquest Dragon Hyperlitz Silver

Analog Interconnects: Blue Dragon Interconnects by Moon Audio

Turntable Interconnects: Cardas Neutral Reference interconnect

Digital Interconnects:
    Monster Cable Ultra series THX1000, Monster Cable Z Series Z200i Refrence, Monster Cable ILSR-2m Fiber Optic Toslink
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Marly,

Welcome to the forum. Heh, sorry to make your eyes hurt. :o Yeah, it wasn't a very good camera, but a borrowed one. I'm still waiting for the price's come come down more before I invest in one. Gots audio equipment to buy first, ya know? But thanks, for the compliment.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,965
    edited June 2004
    Don't ever look at the pictures I take!:cool:

Anyways - looks sweet dude -- those are some large speakers and look pretty darn good too. I havn't ever heard them kind of speakers before - will have to put it on my list to do in the future!

Lookin good though!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Thanks Trey,
    They are Magnepan's MG-IIb's, roughly 20 years old. Bagged them for $350. They are in great shape, though the highs do fall off sharply past 16k, the imaging and soundstage are awesome. Height, depth, and width is well presented. Playing acoustic music on them just put me in awe. The IIb's are far from the best that Magnepan has ever produced. But they sound good to me. I also have on order Magnepans new direct from the factory MMG-W's and MMG-C, which have been getting killer press. And a little later on, I'll get the MMG's
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2004
    No, No man. I really do like it. I don't have the knack myself. I can build you anything, just don't ask me to decorate it!;)
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    amulford,
    hehe, I meant the.....
    Now, don't be getting any ideas, ya hear? Don't do it, don't go there.
    as a joke to someone who might put, hm....... "a guy" and "decorating" together and say, hm......... :D
  • tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited June 2004
    Looks great. The hardest thing is getting the best location for the Maggies. I see you're using trees for diffusion. If you can I'd suggest more space off the side walls. I'll be rewiring a friend's son MGIIb's tweeter next week when the repair comes in. There was a broken wire in the left speaker. The worst part is removing all those staples.
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Thanks Tony, hey, when you get the repairs done, let me know how it went. I'd be interested in any problems or ways to make the process easier you might run into. BTW, been working on placement for days now. I've tried just about every distance I can, but I think I'm getting it narrowed down.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2004
    Awesome rig! Those Maggies are huge. I really like the classy look. You better keep the sword there. If you catch anyone **** around with your gear, chop their hands off:D.

Maurice
  • Terrax
    edited June 2004
    Thanks Maurice,
    heeh, killer idea. (pun intended) Yeah, at 72" inches tall, they do look massive, but being only 2" inches thick helps them blend into the room better. Easy to work around too.
  • tonyv1
    tonyv1 Posts: 365
    edited June 2004
    I'll be taking photos of the repair. I'll email you the procedure and document the step by step process. I'll also send this info to Mart over at the Planar Asylum. I'm done tweaking my MG12s (new crossover parts, new internal wiring, replaced binding posts w/ Cardas and built custom stands).