What happened to Madden football?

AsSiMiLaTeD
AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
edited September 2013 in Video Games
I have't pleyed the Madden games in years, but picked up Madden 25 this year, mainly for the Sunday Ticket thing. I decided to pop the game in and actually try playing it. Wow, talk about overkill on the home screen, so many modes and side games and stuff. All that extra crap is a distraction and makes it difficult to just play a game of football.

Does anyone know if there's still a way to pick a team and play thru a season of football, that's all I want to do?
Post edited by AsSiMiLaTeD on

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    edited September 2013
    Danny,
    Don't know anything about Madden 25, but I'll kick your butt on some Atari 2600 Football:razz:

atari.JPG
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Dabutcher
    Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
    edited September 2013
    Bought the same game you did. Being the special edition. I was able to flip it on CL for $50.00. Already have Madden 11 &12 that I hardly ever play. Good luck. D
    MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited September 2013
    I think it's actually a huge improvement over last year's version. The menus are much easier to navigate in comparison, and the gameplay itself is much better. There are actually holes to run through in the run game, and the animations in general seem more real to me. I've been having a blast, but I pretty much play offline franchises solely, so my usage is limited.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • Conradicles
    Conradicles Posts: 6,010
    edited September 2013
    I agree it is much better than last year. Yes you can pick a team and run a season.