hooking up "carverav-505 to nakamichi ltd(reciver 1)&yamaha,(dsp e-300)

haroo
haroo Posts: 83
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
Out and about today with the wife... well lets just say that when we went to "Vision electronics",she was too tired to go in,she stayed in the jimmiy and had a little cat nap....
With out her in there with me,I HAD THIS REALLY GREAT MOMENTAIRILY LAPS OF REASON,in the back corrner there was this really lonly looking "Carver av-505amp"5x80wpc"that needed a home... SO, I set it free(from the store;for only $800.00cdn)MAM O' MAM, estergin filled creatchers just DONT UNDERSTAND...
Anyway how do i hook this little puppie up to my system(there was no manual with it) and i have never had a power amp befor,
and dont want to kill my system.
-Nakamichi ltd Reciver 1
-Yamaha DSP E-300
-Polk rt800ix2
- " cs400ix1
- " r10x4
- " psw250x1
-enegry pasive 100 sub
-carver av-505
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--MARANTZ SR18ex 140wpc x 5 (high current/direct amp)thx-ex "ultra"
electrohome tube amp 15watt. pr channel(aprox.1955a.d.) for 2 channel audio{recently recapped& tubed-5ar4power rect. & 12au7)
-kenwood amp(km-996/140wpc(used for 7.1 rears(thx ex)
-toshiba dvd video/audio player(progressive scan) sd-4700
-sony sacd cd player scd-xe670
-nakamichi "music bank cd player "6+1disk(20bit dac)
-toshiba hifi vcr (v3 pro head)
-motorola digital cable box
-RCA 32' "home theater" PIP tv
-polk RT800i x 2 (mains) ~bi-wired
-polk sc400i x 1 (center) ~bi-wired
-polk fx300i x 2 (side fx) ~di-pole
-polk r10 x 2 (rears)
-polk pws250 (powered sub)
-2x173ltr(48"-16")sono subs(powered by kenwood kr-7200 250watt & w/ audiosource EQ (model eq eight/series II)
-Thorens td-166 mk II/Grado silver fs1
-Thorens td-160/empire 66cart
-Dual 601
-D.I.Y. carfea "little big horns"-(pioneer full range 8" & fostex 4" compression horn tweaters
-sony (ps1)
-sony (ps2)

-haroo, "GOD gave you the gift of sound, Your gift to God is what you do with it!"
"marantz haroo"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post edited by haroo on

Comments

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2002
    assuming that your reciever has preouts to all 5 channels, L,R,C,SR,SL. Run an interconnect cable from each preout to the corresponding channel on the amp. Then connect the speaker cables from the amp to the corresponding speaker.

It is my experience that most audio gear has a VERY low WAF. About the same as strip clubs.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    haroo make sure that you trun your volume control down all the way then after you get it all hooked up then you trun your volume on real slow that way you dont blow something if not right
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.