Just Arived! BAT VK600SE,+Suprise

Options
bobsauto49
bobsauto49 Posts: 973
edited August 2013 in Electronics
This has been a great day! My listening pleasure has never been so high! The Vk600SE has exceeded my expectations, and I have officially ended anymore amp hunting! I also have a new DAC in the house for an audition,a Cary DAC100t, and its a substantial upgrade over my DacMagic+. The tunes never sounded so good! WOW! Just F-in WOW! I'll give a review later,but for now,WOW!!!!:cheesygrin: :eek: :cheesygrin:
photo (8).JPG
photo (10).JPG
photo (11).JPG
"Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
Post edited by bobsauto49 on

Comments

• zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Congrats on all the new gear. Now just waiting for a review. I know youwould rather be listening than telling us all about your new equipment.
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You have me envious my friend. I already know the Bat sound so that's no surprise but I am interested in that Cary Dac. Hopefully you can do reviews of both separately. Looking forward to them as well, congrats.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bobsauto49
    edited August 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    You have me envious my friend. I already know the Bat sound so that's no surprise but I am interested in that Cary Dac. Hopefully you can do reviews of both separately. Looking forward to them as well, congrats.
    I got it from Sound World in Appelton. He ordered the DAC100,solid state also. He gave me this to listen to,until the SS one came in! This thing is smooth! Im going there next sat, to do a comparison of 3 Dac's: Cary Dac100t, Dac100,and the NAD Master Series M51. He Has My same speakers upstairs,with equivalent gear,so I should be able to make an informed choice. I'll let u know my findings! I thought this Tube Dac would be to romantic/relaxed,like the Cary tube amp I had here. But its not!! Its very dynamic,and smooth! I LIKE,LOTS!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Cool Bob, one of the attributes I always love about Cary is that they are very musical, in an analog way, if you know what I mean. Their Exciter dac is suppose to be pretty good too for a lot less coin but that tubed 100t man, has me sharting all over.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • bobsauto49
    edited August 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Cool Bob, but that tubed 100t man, has me sharting all over.
    JESUS! Get ahold of yerself man! Now go clean up so the Mrs. doesn't have u sleeping on the front yard!

AGAIN:cheesygrin:
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,453
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Congrats Bob now ya never gonna wanna leave the house. Enjoy your new gear
    Randy/Maine
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited August 2013
    Options
    bobsauto49 wrote: »
    I thought this Tube Dac would be to romantic/relaxed,like the Cary tube amp I had here.

Not trying to derail your topic here, but in a prior thread it sounded like you were really impressed with the Cary 120S MKII? It would be helpful to hear what you thought this valve amp's shortcomings are? I have never heard a 120S and am interested. Thanks!
  • bobsauto49
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    Not trying to derail your topic here, but in a prior thread it sounded like you were really impressed with the Cary 120S MKII? It would be helpful to hear what you thought this valve amp's shortcomings are? I have never heard a 120S and am interested. Thanks!
    The Cary 120 was excellent! But a little to relaxed for me! And I missed the raw power my BAT VK500 put out. It just has a lot of ooomp,more dynamics. The Cary was smooth all around,but a little too smooth for me.
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Thanks Bob. Appreciate the quick response.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Wow, was reading some of your past posts...you went from Emotiva, B&K then BAT SE in a record pace. Very nice! If you ever have a listening party, I'm few hours down the road. Would love to hear the BAT on the ML's and also the FULL Kef Q set that I've been wanting to check out for awhile now.

Walt
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    edited August 2013
    Options
    WLDock wrote: »
    Wow, was reading some of your past posts...you went from Emotiva, B&K then BAT SE in a record pace. Very nice! If you ever have a listening party, I'm few hours down the road. Would love to hear the BAT on the ML's and also the FULL Kef Q set that I've been wanting to check out for awhile now.

Walt

Speaking for a lot of people on here, once that upgrade bug hits ya! Its hard not to stop! Or once you have had a taste of what something could be, its hard not to want more or better!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Congrats on the new amp and DAC Bob! I think a lot of us have been anxious to hear about your new BAT amp and from what we've heard about so far, it's outstanding!:cheesygrin: Looking forward to seeing your review, enjoy!
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 4,997
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Looks like for your all set for the time being...you know how it goes! Congrats & enjoy! I'll be interested in how the Cary performs. Don't take too long.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • Jhayman
    Jhayman Posts: 1,548
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Congrats looks like a Great Amp..
    ATC SCM40's,VTL TL 2.5 Preamp,PSB Stratus Goldi's,McCormack DNA 500,McCormack MAP-1 Preamp,Pro-Ject Xtension 10 TT,Ortofon Cadenza Red/Nordost RedDawn LS Speaker cables, Bryston BDP-2, Bryston BDA-2,PS Audio AC-3 power cables
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited August 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    It's depressing really. All Bob has done is throw money away since moving from that Emotiva...

I here ya, throwing good money down the rabbit hole for no reason:razz:
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • bobsauto49
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Do yerself's all a favor! Don't listen to ant BAT! The house sound is intoxicating!!! And I've listened,and audition quite a few higher end amps! It's just sublime! Warm,yet punchy! Smooth,yet defined! It just does everything right to my ears!!! Amazing!!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Congrats Bob...that asshat Skip doesn't know anything:razz:
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • bobsauto49
    edited August 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    It offers nothing that Emotiva can't top!
    Think again cowboy!!! It does everything the Emo does,just cost 10x more;-)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,599
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Bob you must be in audio heaven right now. I'm still lusting over your KEF Q series speakers, can't even imagine how this setup sounds.

Let me know if you are planning on selling your old DAC, I am looking into making my first DAC purchase! :biggrin:
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hey Bob, congrats! How would you compare the 600se to the 500?
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • bobsauto49
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Hey Bob, congrats! How would you compare the 600se to the 500?
    Have about 5 hrs of listening on this sweety now,and it has a little more power,more seperation between notes,more definition of instruments,and just a real smooth presentation! The soundstage increased in height,but the same in width. Overall just a tad bit more refined! The VK500 is worthy of an end amp for most people,great amp in all aspects!! This just raises the bar a little all around! I think the system would have to match the amp to make a noteworthy difference between the 2. Kinda like the 5 panes of glass concept. Is it worth the price differential? Am I happy with my investment? Absolutely,on both accounts! I listened with the old dac for a couple hrs,and then threw the Cary dac in the mix,and noticed an improvement both times,and I now have audio nirvana in my basement;-) it seems as if 100db is smooth with no hiccups,and not much strain,and it just doesn't sound super loud! I couldn't be happier,and I really am done researching amps:-)
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Congratulations Bob on a wonderful amp (and Cary DAC).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • falconcry72
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Have about 5 hrs of listening on this sweety now,and it has a little more power,more seperation between notes,more definition of instruments,and just a real smooth presentation! The soundstage increased in height,but the same in width. Overall just a tad bit more refined! The VK500 is worthy of an end amp for most people,great amp in all aspects!! This just raises the bar a little all around! I think the system would have to match the amp to make a noteworthy difference between the 2. Kinda like the 5 panes of glass concept. Is it worth the price differential? Am I happy with my investment? Absolutely,on both accounts! I listened with the old dac for a couple hrs,and then threw the Cary dac in the mix,and noticed an improvement both times,and I now have audio nirvana in my basement;-) it seems as if 100db is smooth with no hiccups,and not much strain,and it just doesn't sound super loud! I couldn't be happier,and I really am done researching amps:-)

I'm glad to hear it is an improvement! Are you still getting the 500 repaired? Are you going to get it back? If you are, will you do some A/B comparisons for me??? :biggrin:
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Falcon, Getting ready for a deeper dive in the hole? LOL
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • bobsauto49
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I'm glad to hear it is an improvement! Are you still getting the 500 repaired? Are you going to get it back? If you are, will you do some A/B comparisons for me??? :biggrin:
    It's in the shop as we type! Be happy to let u know my thoughts! U interested in a 600?
  • falconcry72
    edited August 2013
    Options
    It's in the shop as we type! Be happy to let u know my thoughts! U interested in a 600?

Interested? Well sure! Not thinking about buying right now, but I'm always interested! I guess that's how it starts though...