meet bailey the boxer

Options
rooftop59
rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
edited August 2013 in The Clubhouse
Newest addition to our family. We figures, eh, what the hell. Our life is absolute chaos already, why not get a boxer!

And oh yes, that is Mikaela, one of my twins. All the kids already LOVE that dog, she should get plenty of love for years to come.

bailey Mikaela.jpg
Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
Game Room 5.1.4:
Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
Post edited by rooftop59 on

Comments

• codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited August 2013
    Options
    AWWWwwwwwwww.... Good luck, the first few months are going to be rough!
  • rooftop59
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Yeah I know...the crate comes today, and we are going to crate her. She is already basically trained to **** outside, we are just working on pee! We have a really large backyard, so once I am sure there are no spots she can escape from she can spend some time out there.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
  • Oldfatdogs
    Oldfatdogs Posts: 1,874
    edited August 2013
    Options
    There both pretty darn cute,that's a bond that will last a long while.
    Dan
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Boxers are GREAT with kids; patient, durable, loving. Good for you!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • rooftop59
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Thanks Steve, that was a big part of the decision. Plus my wife says I needed a dog that could match my energy level lol. We're already chasing each other around the yard. And Mikaela plays this game were she lays in Bailey's bed and lets Bailey attach her until she just starts giggling, stands up for a break, and then goes back in. Its pretty frigging adorable...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Rock on! We want a third dog when we get a house as it will be Skyes/all the kids....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited August 2013
    Options
    rock on! We want a third dog when we get a house as it will be skyes/all the kids....

whaaaaaaaaat?
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,474
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Boxers are wonderful loyal dogs & great with kids. Friend had one & it was very playful even at 12y/o. Enjoy your new addition
    Randy/Maine
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited August 2013
    Options
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    whaaaaaaaaat?

LOL.... no news, still the one, but we always planned for a max of 3..... so in the next couple years....... :wink:.

House is first though, no more room at this inn for 2 kids.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited August 2013
    Options
    baby Roxie 2 (800x533).jpg
    Bailey looks familiar, Boxers command your attention and won't give up until you acknowledge their need for you. They can easily be spoiled rotten in no time and learn the ropes pretty quick.

She and your little girl are going to be the best of buds, enjoy them both while they are still young and innocent.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Cute pup....cute kid too. Congrats man, nice pair they will make.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rooftop59
    edited August 2013
    Options
    baby Roxie 2 (800x533).jpg
    Bailey looks familiar, Boxers command your attention and won't give up until you acknowledge their need for you. They can easily be spoiled rotten in no time and learn the ropes pretty quick.

She and your little girl are going to be the best of buds, enjoy them both while they are still young and innocent.

How old is yours Mike? In that pic I can't tell if she's fully grown...
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    edited August 2013
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Cute pup....cute kid too. Congrats man, nice pair they will make.

Thanks Tony. Yes this is by far the most adventurous and outgoing of my three kids, the one that is going, to um, be the most creative! She already enjoys pushing the envelope and giving us a little sas. I think they will be friends for a long time.
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Kids and puppies....like peanut butter and jelly, they just go togetherr! They are looking good
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Dogs are great for helping build immunities in children as well. Enjoy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited August 2013
    Options
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Dogs are great for helping build immunities in children as well. Enjoy.

And how!
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited August 2013
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    How old is yours Mike? In that pic I can't tell if she's fully grown...

Roxie was about 3-4 months there, she is now 4 yrs. old. Our son "her kid" left for college a few days back and she's missing him terribly. He and her when she was brand new.
  • ratster
    ratster Posts: 324
    edited August 2013
    Options
    My Bailey was brindle colored and a little hell raiser as a pup. Good luck.
    Main
    Parasound P5
    Parasound A21
    CA music streamer
    marantz 6005
    Clear Day dbl.shotgun
    Morrow Xlr
    1.7 Maggies

Bedroom
    adcom Gfp750
    Adcom 555
    Rotel 1072
    CA tuner
    LsiM703
    Clear day dbl shotgun
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    edited August 2013
    Options
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Yeah I know...the crate comes today, and we are going to crate her. She is already basically trained to **** outside, we are just working on pee! We have a really large backyard, so once I am sure there are no spots she can escape from she can spend some time out there.

Don't know why, but the females dog I have had always seem to **** outside, but weak-bladders inside. My Eskie still has a bit of a pee problem at 9 years old.

Congrats however, good looking animal, and the kid too.:cheesygrin:
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • bobsauto49
    bobsauto49 Posts: 973
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I had 2 Boxers growing up! The most loyal,playful,gentle,loving creature on the planet! My Bruiser Died when he was just about 12. I was 20,and I cried for weeks! I still think about,and miss him,and that's 15 years gone past! That's a beautiful pup ya got there,and a great looking couple! They'll be best buds til the end! Congrats,and enjoy them growing up together!
    "Everything I ever did in my life worthwhile I caught hell for"
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Kids and dogs just go together. Some friends have a 100 lb. lab who loves to play with their 3 yo daughter. So much fun to watch. Congrats!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,278
    edited August 2013
    Options
    You know ... this is about the 3d time I've had a glucometer melt down from insanely high readings ..... you peoples have to stop it !!
    It was bad enough with Mike and his Hawaian Hell Hounds ... then Trey throws gas on the fire with his pooch .... now rooftop hits me with the double whammy of Mikaela & Bailey ! Is there no shame left in the world ?
    Oh, and Mike Reeter has to join in and add more precocious-ness with his boxer Roxie ..... gawdalmighty ....

Well, it's going to be payback time. My son & DIL are moving in for a couple of months while they house hunt. Yes, with my obnoxiously cute granddaughter and grandson. They've been talking of getting a dog, so .... yes, this'll work out just fine ..... :loneranger: Expect pictures that'll turn you diabetic !! :eek:

We had a boxer named Ginger when we were little. My dad built a "pen" (more like a mini-condo) in the basement for her to have her litter. He took movies (16mm?) that my sister has and who was going to transfer to video years ago.
    If she did ... be warned !! The sight of a 2 year old and a 3 year old crawling around in a straw bed with a herd of cute boxer pups while Ginger calmly watches is .... it's so cute, it'll make you sick !!
    :twisted:
    Thanks again you evil peoples. I have to go call Walgreens and order a couple of quarts of insulin now.
    Sal Palooza
  • scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Beautiful pic of both, deb and i love and welcome any pics of the little guys, keep em comin.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • rooftop59
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Roxie was about 3-4 months there, she is now 4 yrs. old. Our son "her kid" left for college a few days back and she's missing him terribly. He and her when she was brand new.

That's awesome man. My 5 year old started kindergarten this week. There was much crying in this house, but surprisingly little from her! She's actually a little scared of Bailey, but still loves her. Here's Ellie ready for school:

Ellie kindergarden.jpg

I can only hope sending her off to college will be easier?
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • rooftop59
    Options
    Tonight we got a dreaded call on the way back from our 20th anniversary trip. Bailey passed away with the kids alone with the babysitter. Lots of tears tonight…****!!!
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    :'(:'(:'(
    Boxers and all pets are parts of our family. Never gets any easier my condolences :(

We are a boxer family...lost 2 last year
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • rooftop59
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    :'(:'(:'(
    Boxers and all pets are parts of our family. Never gets any easier my condolences :(

We are a boxer family...lost 2 last year

Thanks man, definitely a real bummer when my kids can’t remember a time without Bailey…
    Game Room 5.1.4:

Bedroom 2.1
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,587
    Options
    My condolences Paul
    It never gets easier, they put so much joy in our hearts.
    <3o:)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,637
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear.