any one here a anime fan

goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited March 2002 in Music & Movies
i am wondering if any can recomend a good anime movie to me i have X, Armitage III: Poly-Matrix, and Ninja Scroll
Post edited by goingganzo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    the only two movies that i won that could be considered anime are revenge of the ninja and princess mononoke. revenge of the ninja is a pretty good flick. princess mononoke is great! i would definitely recommend seeing this one at least...
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited March 2002
    Oh god, this is my topic!

I could fire off sooooo many anime titles that are great. What kind of movies do you like to watch? By what you listed, it seems you're into action oriented anime. I would recommend you start with the greats...if you haven't seen Akira rent it now. Ghost in the Shell is also essential. Of course, as juice said, Princess Mononoke is fantastic. Vampire Hunter D, both the first and second film, Bloodlust, are great action sci-fi flicks.

I could recommend so much more, try some of these out though, and you'll be on your way!
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    thanks for the advive i havent seen vampire hunter d so i will rent that and i will try the others later
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2002
    The last one I bought was "BLOOD The Last Vampire", the sound is freaking amazing. I recomend most of the Manga flicks. The Devil Man series is also awesome.
    www.bloodthemovie.com
  • johnnyamerika
    edited March 2002
    Blood is an amazing movie...but soooo short! I own it anyway, but my explanation of it was like making love to a beautiful girl, and it's the best you've had.....and then she just gets up and leaves before you're done :D
  • barney69
    barney69 Posts: 29
    edited March 2002
    The good ones i've seen are: X, Blood, Akira, Ninja Scroll, Trigun and the best one is Princess monoke and Rurouni kenshi (the OVAS).
    The ok ones are: The Slayers, Saber marionette, BubbleGum Crisis, Armitage and The sequel to Ninja Scroll.
    The lame ones: Lain (the series), The pokemon digimon stuff. Stupid Hentai movies (animated ****), dumb story lines and pretty graphic.

Just my opinion:)
  • johnnyamerika
    edited March 2002
    I'd have to disagree and say Lain is very good, albeit slow...and Hentai, well....to each his own :)
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    Akira is a great DVD! So are Ghost in the Shell and Princess Mononoke. I don't have too much experience with anime though.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • johnnyamerika
    edited March 2002
    >Akira is a great DVD!

I remember watching the old VHS subtitled soooo many times....the movie was good then...after the DVD it's one of my favorites of all time..they cleaned it up soooo nice, one of the best restorations I've seen.