New RTi38s or Old RTi35s?

Options
hamzahsh
hamzahsh Posts: 439
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
Hi folks!

Right now I've a 5.1 surround system. Let's say If I planned to upgrade my system to 7.1 after 3 to 4 yrs and buy Denon AVR 4802 and If I couldn't find the RTi35s. Would RTi38s match my system?

The reason I'm asking because RTi35s might not be available after 3 to 4 years as the old RT line discontinued, also they use Trilaminate Tweeters. The new RT line use Silk Dome Tweeters. How much difference would silk dome tweeters make?

I have:-

CS 400i
RT 800i's
F/X 1000s

Thank You.
Panasonic TH-50PX80U Plasma HDTV
Polk Audio RT800i (fronts)
Polk Audio CS400i (center)
Polk Audio F/X1000 (side surrounds)
Polk Audio RTi6 (back surrrounds)
Velodyne CHT-15 (subwoofer)
Yamaha RX-V1400 (Pre/Pro)
NAD C272 (2-ch Amp)
Adcom GFA-7605 (5-ch Amp)
Toshiba SD-3109 (DVD/CD player)
Malata DVP-580 (Multi-region DVD player)
Post edited by hamzahsh on

Comments

• lax01
    lax01 Posts: 496
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Being that they are rear surround speakers and little to no voice information is sent to those speakers, I would surely doubt that you would notice the slight timbre difference. But if you are really a purist you might want to buy the RT35i's now so that you have a complete timbre match. I can't talk about how much different they sound because I have not heard them, but since they are from Polk and the model after the RT series, I doubt they are that much different. But I may be wrong.
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i agree with lax. using these for your 6th and 7th channels, i think you would be hard pressed to notice discernable differnces between your 1000's and 38's in your rear soundstage.

you may want to keep your eyes open though, cause the 35i's can be had for great prices right now...:D