Training Day.............

SPEAKER7
SPEAKER7 Posts: 355
edited April 2002 in Music & Movies
Just wondering if anyone has seen this movie ?......any good?

I am thinking about picking a copy tommorrow.....

dc.:p
Post edited by SPEAKER7 on

Comments

• EJ
    EJ Posts: 42
    edited March 2002
    I saw this in the theater and was impressed. This is an excellant movie.

Regards
    EJ
  • SPEAKER7
    edited March 2002
    Thanks EJ...........I guess I'll pick up a copy after work tommorrow!
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2002
    yeah, it's a cool flick. i saw it this past weekend and thought it was a good DVD.

-josh
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • Troy LaMont
    Troy LaMont Posts: 27
    edited March 2002
    I saw this one in the theaters a few times and I can't wait till I get off work today to buy the DVD. Excellent movie!!

Both Denzil and Ethan are up for Oscar's, if the Oscar committee wasn't so policitally bound, I'd say that meant something. :D

Troy
    "I know you have a group of guys just sitting around thinking **** up, and another group of guys backing them up..." - Harry Stamper
  • SPEAKER7
    edited March 2002
    I have just picked up a copy today after work......I'm just wondering if the packaging for the DVD is in a plastic case? the copy that I have purchased here in Canada is in the cheap card board casing......that's my only beef!

dc.:D
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2002
    I just cannot sit thru anything with Denzil Washington. IMO, terrible actor. Very mono-tone type acting. Just bland, very bland.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • mjk91383
    mjk91383 Posts: 298
    edited March 2002
    have to side with ron on this one.

joe :D
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    rented this over the weekend, and although i am not a huge denzel fan either, he was excellent in this movie. a total hard ****, an almost samuel l. jackson type role. ethan hawke was also incredible in this movie. definitely worth renting, even if you don't like denzel...
  • Eddie624
    Eddie624 Posts: 77
    edited March 2002
    I watched it this weekend and liked it. I though denzel was good as i like most of the movies he does.
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2002
    RON! WE AGREE!

I was all hot to watch this flick, so I bought it this weekend and watched it right before he won an Oscar for it, and IT REALLY WAS A NOTHING MOVIE.

Things I hate:
    - Denzel Washington -- who I know can act, because I've seen him do it before -- with a script in which such ghetto nonsense as "It's all good" is repeated over and over and over. You could play a drinking game for all the times he says "Dog" or "It's all good" in this movie. That is lazy and sucks -- the writer took the easy way out, and it was offensive. Denzel should know better, and he shouldn't be getting an Oscar for this kind of dreck.
    - Ethan Hawke. SHAVE, man. SHAVE! No way he gets that hottie of a wife -- the best thing about the whole movie, in it for about a minute -- without showering! SHAVE! Your low rent Nick Nolte impression sucks.
    - Phony movie LA rain, that wets the streets for effect but doesn't appear on the sidewalks or on the dirt by the side of the road.
    - The microphone in the frame, during the scene where Ethan Hawke (a fine, fine actor I'm sure...) breaks into the girlfriend's house at the end. Watch for the boom to come down to Denzel's head in the bedroom. Idiots. Sloppy sloppy.

I watched ZOOLANDER right after it, and ZOOLANDER was a better movie than TRAINING DAY. ZOOLANDER, for cripes sake!

Is it DenZEL, or just Denzel?

More proof that the Oscars are nonsense.
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2002
    Better than I thought. Good movie. Great sound. Great picture quality. We (all six) must have missed the boom mike and that is hard on the eight footer.:confused:
  • Billm57
    Billm57 Posts: 689
    edited March 2002
    Denzel is one heck of an actor..Watch Glory..that was his best role next to Training Day
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2002
    I just watched this last night. I'd give it 2-1/2 out of 5 stars.

Good, not great. Denzel was good, better than most of his movies. But Ethan stole the show in this movie. By far and outstanding preformance over Denzel. Now I know he had to pay off some judges to get the best actor Oscar.

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited April 2002
    My big gripe with the movie was it was so cliche as far as the characters were concerned. For crying out loud, Ethan should have worn a white cowboy hat. I thought it was pretty entertaining but didn't think it lived up to the billing.

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut