PNF Icon IC's & Symphony Speaker Cables

Options
Ern Dog
Ern Dog Posts: 2,237
edited August 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
I love these cables and have been saving them for a second system, but need to sell for funds.

The Icons are 1 meter long and in great condition. $60 shipped in USA.

The Symphony Speaker cables are 8 feet long, bi-wired, with spades on the amp end & banana plugs on the speaker end. One end has part of the outer mesh coming out (see pic). This does not affect sonics and can be easily fixed with shrink tubing. $100 shipped in USA.

Pay with paypal or money order.

Thanks,
Ernie

IMG_5305.jpg
IMG_5307.jpg
IMG_5308.jpg
Post edited by Ern Dog on

Comments

• dekuda
    dekuda Posts: 756
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Hey Ern Dog, didn't I give you "good Carma" once? Anyway, I will take the ICON interconnects. I would take these speaker cables also but I already am using them and would buy these biwire if the banana's were on the amp side and spades on the speaker side.
    Anyway, these are great speaker cables at this price! Looking forward to the Icon's
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • Ern Dog
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Icon's SOLD to Dekuda. PM sent
  • dekuda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Guys, these are fantastic speaker cables for the price and Ernie is great to deal with. I have these symphonies and at this price it is a steal. Have tried high end monster, AQ's and Mit and I stayed with these :cheesygrin:
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.
  • Ern Dog
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Thanks Dekuda.

These PNF cables won TAS Editors Choice Award in 2007, 2008, & 2009.
  • Ern Dog
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Symphonies still avail.

Check out this speaker cable shoot out I did in 2009: Kimber 8TC vs DH Labs Q-10 vs Mac CuQ vs PNF Symphony: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?85956-Shoot-out-Kimber-8TC-DH-Labs-Q-10-MAC-CuQ-amp-PNF-Symphony&highlight=symphony+labs+kimber
  • dekuda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Check out this speaker cable shoot out I did in 2009: Kimber 8TC vs DH Labs Q-10 vs Mac CuQ vs PNF Symphony: http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?85956-Shoot-out-Kimber-8TC-DH-Labs-Q-10-MAC-CuQ-amp-PNF-Symphony&highlight=symphony+labs+kimber[/QUOTE]

I find that with both the PNF symphony speaker cables and the icon ic's the midrange is very full and the highs are very extended but not bright.(as founded by some in the shootout) In bass, I did not notice much difference. But for me that is what I really want since I have large Martin Logans running small doing what they do best with the midrange/highs The bass I redirect to my two great subs and let them do what they do best. This is all about synergy and in my system it works. These PNF's compare to some dh labs ic's that I have that sell for a lot more but both have that "air matrix design" I wonder how hard it would be to buy these speaker cables and remove the bananas and install quality spades and remove the spades and install bananas. Maybe a little shrink wrap and silver solder? Or maybe Steve at PNF would do them or someone here?
    HT System
  • Ern Dog
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend Steve at PNF, not sure if he is still in operation. I'm sure Pepster would do a great job on it. He has made several custom cables for me with top notch work.
  • Ern Dog
    edited July 2013
    Options
  • dekuda
    edited July 2013
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Nope, I wouldn't even think of dealing with Steve. Good cables, but shady company. This is likely one of those cases where you are actually better off buying used over new.

I'm surprised these are still here. As I posted in another FS thread for these, they are a great starting point to see what cables can do for your system. They provided MASSIVE results when swapped into my system.

Hey, I agree with not dealing with Steve Jain <> I started a post here in 2010 regarding trying to buy speaker cables from him. I paid, he replied, but I never got my cables. Seems like it happened to others here.Luckily, paypal got me my money back.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?105727-PNF-Audio-Steve-Jain
    That said, I think he made wonderful cables and I enjoy both his ic's and speaker cables. I to am surprised these cables are still for sale. Can't wait to hook up this second set of these icons.
    HT System
  • Ern Dog
    edited July 2013
    Options
  • mwk455
    mwk455 Posts: 219
    edited July 2013
    Options
  • Ern Dog
    edited August 2013
    Options