lifesize replica "Rick's Cafe Americain" NEON SIGN - Casablanca!

Micah Cohen
Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
edited June 2013 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Hey, yeah, it's me, back on the boards! Hope y'all doing fine. Look:

I have a large 6ft x 8ft working neon sign replica of the sign over the door of Rick's bar in the film CASABLANCA: "Rick's Cafe Americain." I need to sell it!

Maybe you love the film CASABLANCA? Maybe you're building a CASABLANCA-themed home theater? Maybe you collect neon signs? Or movie memorabilia? This is a truly one-of-a-kind item!
  • Approx 6ft x 8ft, about 1ft deep, 2-level sheet metal structure.
  • Custom made for a single-location restaurant marquee, saved from demolition.
  • Interior steel struts removed for easy 2-man lifting. (Two struts remain for professional hanging.)
  • Custom-wired for home 120w electric use. (Industrial transformer has been removed.) Works!
  • Custom-cut, custom-installed Plexiglass protective shield.
  • Please note: This is the not the actual sign used in the film. This is merely a huge, custom-made working replica. Would look awesome in your home theater.

I'm now located in Charlotte, North Carolina, and the sign is big, heavy, fragile (glass!) and can not be shipped. It can be carried away, though, in a truck with lots of padding. (That's how it got here, from Baltimore, many years ago.)

If you're interested, you can email me directly blue.parrot at yahoo dot com (that's "blue dot parrot at..."). I have pictures and an info sheet I can send you. If you know a CASABLANCA fanatic who would just plotz to have something like this, please bring us together!

Thank you!

Micah Cohen
Your Old Pal

ricks_sign_for_flyer_1.jpg
ricks_sign_3_sm.jpg
Casablanca logo 1.jpg
Casablanca film sign still 1.JPG
ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
Post edited by Micah Cohen on

Comments

• zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,256
    edited June 2013
    Wow, that is too cool. Good luck on this very unique sale!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited June 2013
    Price....you need to post a price.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited June 2013
    F1nut wrote: »
    Price....you need to post a price.

Weren't there rules **** in Casablanca too? :cheesygrin:

I keed! I keed! LOL. Nice unique sign. Wish I was rich and closer.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Micah Cohen
    edited June 2013
    Price, price... I dunno. What's it worth to ya?

I need at least a few thousand dollars for it. But, you have to come and get it. So, I'm flexible.

I need the garage space.

Micah
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2013
    No kidding, what do you want for it.....I'm within a reasonable distance.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    edited June 2013
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited June 2013
    That is a nice piece. But such a collector's item would be better served at an auction, or God forbid, ebay with a RESERVE price if you need a few thousand?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • F1nut
    edited June 2013
    Price, price... I dunno. What's it worth to ya?

I don't want it, but you do need to list a price.

Regards,
    The Rules ****.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Micah Cohen
    edited June 2013
    Good lord, The Rules ****.

What have things come to?

I need eight grand for the sign -- a bargain for a one-of-a-kind thing-a-ma-bob like this -- and you'll have to come and get it in Charlotte with two guys, a truck, a few dozen couch cushions and a way home that doesn't involve the washboard roadway of I-85 between Charlotte and Petersburg. Come an get it, boys!

Happy now?

"Shocking taste in undies. Heil, everyone!"

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

• F1nut
    edited June 2013
    Relax, I haven't changed a damn bit. Just trying to help you out and playing off of ZLTFUL's comment.

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2013
    Hobbit Pimp.

Classic.

HAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    "Find a perfect home soon"?????

This thread was made the same year "Casablanca" was originally released.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    Still available?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,309
    Put me in line if Trey passes.
    I disabled signatures.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    At $8,000, it might still be available!

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,066
    Viking64 wrote: »
    "Find a perfect home soon"?????

This thread was made the same year "Casablanca" was originally released.

p0gfgsphvocn.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,837
    edited March 1
    I am sure it still looks good in his garage..
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I am sure it still looks good in his garage..

Or perhaps not. The broken neon would cost a small fortune to replace.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson