Old School Monitor 10-time to upgrade?

Options
swisheri
swisheri Posts: 12
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
It's time to upgrade my Home theatre system. I have a Onkyo Integra TX88 reciever. I am planning to keep my 10's upfront. Any recommendations for center channel and rear surrounds? My Polks survived many college parties, my kids and cats. The front felt covers need replaced. Does Polk still sell covers? I have been doing extensive reciever research. Reading many consumer reviews online. My Onkyo has and still does serve me well. I am looking at Onkyo txds797,txds696 and Denon avr3802. I have read that the Dennon has a very warm sound. I prefer a very bright sound with a punch. I am using this system for home theatre surround as well as music.
Your response is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.
Ian
Lancaster, PA
old school polk
Post edited by swisheri on

Comments

• joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    Options
    try the yamaha 3200 use your ears to compair try them all but listen to them more than once, if you can. if they will let you bring them home to try, do that, go to 2 or 3 stores and bring what you want to compair, i dont know if you can get by doing this, but this is the best way to do it, have all the differant makes at your home at the same time them you would know what you want.

and, welcome the the forum
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Ditto what Joe said. What M10s do you have, what tweeter?? My system is all Monitor series 2 so they all have the SL2500 tweeter. The best center I found to match was the CS350LS. For surrounds, sides try to find a M7, M5, or M5jr on eBay etc.. Rear same thing or Polk's dipole series IMO.
    Welcome to the Forum too.
    BTW-top right in yellow, parts and service, you will find your grlles.
    Chris :)
  • swisheri
    swisheri Posts: 12
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Joe and chris-thanks for the response. good suggestions for comparison...i don't know what my tweeters are..."silver coil dome" is printed on the tweeter..i bought them in 1986...:)
    old school polk
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited March 2002
    Options
    SL2000s-
    Chris :)
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    Options
    there probley the tri- lam. tweeters not sure what yr. they came out i have a cs-350ls for my rear center channel, had it over 6 yrs. they have the try-lam. tweeter
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.