SDA2B are in the HOUSE

HBombToo
HBombToo Posts: 5,256
edited June 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Hoosier and TroyD hooked me up big time. The 2B's showed up and in the bomb shelter right now playen some Eagles.

Let me tell you they exceed every expectation I had for them. I figured they would be a variation of the CRS+ but I was wrong. Even though the CRS+ wowed my socks off these have wowed be again on the low end.

Deap, smooth and defined on the low end but extends through the high as accurate as could be. The original 2000 tweet(yellow jobby) is still there but sounds very different from what I recall with my 8T's... maybe the 6dj8's in the AIM IIB or perhaps the volume of the cabinet itself but who cares. They sound GREAT!

The bomb shelter looks like a Polk Museum at this point but I'm having a ton of fun thanks to some GREAT folks here on the forum.

My collection.

Monitor 5's
RTA8T
RTA15TL
CRS+
SDA2B

Now I need some BIG NEW SDA's :D but definetly vintage when the stars are aligned.

Maybe a brand NEW pair from Polk;) Please, Please,Please Mr Polk!!!!!

SDA is the BOMB! and I am stoked.

HBomb

I fricked up the tweeter type. Thanks Mr. Russ.
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited June 2004
    Congrats Hbomb. Nice collection of Polks you've got going.

A toast to you and your new speakers. Salute.

Paul
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by HBombToo

My collection.

Monitor 5's
    RTA8T
    RTA15TL
    CRS+
    SDA2B

60% of your collection were once mine, Jesus I got to get control of this madness

Gald you like, and the made it there in good shape.

Russ
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by hoosier21
    60% of your collection were once mine, Jesus I got to get control of this madness

Gald you like, and the made it there in good shape.

Russ

***:D :D ROFLOL:D :D *** an incestuous communinty eh;)

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • Terrax
    Terrax Posts: 483
    edited June 2004
    Congrats HBomb... very happy for ya. I too, hope to have a pair of big bada$$ SDA's one day. Rock'on!

-Terry
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2004
    Henry,

I think this says it all........:D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    I don't ever think I've heard DSOTM until tonight:) friggen unreal man!

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • gacole2000
    gacole2000 Posts: 255
    edited June 2004
    Cool!

How does the Twin like them?

:-) Greg
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V661
    DVD: Yamaha DV-C6480
    BR: Samsung 1600
    Mains: Polk RT55 (bi-amped)
    Center: CS300
    Sides: FX1000
    Rears: RT/FX
    Subs: SVS 20-39 PC+ 12.3 & DIY SVS 12.2
    Projector: Optoma HD70 w/ 106" Elite Screen
    Power: Panamax MAX 5100
    Remote: Harmony One
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited June 2004
    Congrats on the new SDA's. I just picked up a pair of SDA-1C's this week. Now I'm waiting on the arrival of the Carver TFM-45 to make them sing.

Crazy how we hold on to those old ones. I'm starting to build a collection

SDA-1C's
    Monitor 10B's
    5 Jr's
    LSi-9's
    Even a pair of M-series hanging on the wall

Viva Polk!

Matthew......can you say SDA-LSi.....There in your dreams now :)
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited June 2004
    Congrats Henry! Enjoy them. You must have one BIG bomb shelter!:D
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2004
    Hbomb,

Ain't it great? I have a pair in the living room. SDA's just really kick a$$ for 2 channel.

Nice shelter... where's the fridge??? :D
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    Believe it or not the wife has suggested a small wetbar:D I almost fell over!

Even though I am thoroughly enjoying my HT the 2 channel room has really got my curiousity rolling. Its fun to have 2 seperate flavors. The HT does great with multi channel music and is very enjoyable but there is just something about a 2 channel rig... if that makes any sense what so ever???

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • warlocks1
    warlocks1 Posts: 1,212
    edited June 2004
    I love watching the path of speakers on this forum. I bought those speakers locally in DC and sent them to Troy and now to HBOMB. Just make sure you keep them in the family if you ever decide to sell! What here haven't you bought from the forum! Enjoy! Jeff
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by warlocks1

Just make sure you keep them in the family if you ever decide to sell! What here haven't you bought from the forum! Enjoy! Jeff

DEAL!

I'm listening now and still am amazed.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2004

Even though I am thoroughly enjoying my HT the 2 channel room has really got my curiousity rolling. Its fun to have 2 seperate flavors. The HT does great with multi channel music and is very enjoyable but there is just something about a 2 channel rig... if that makes any sense what so ever???

HBomb

Yep sure does, BTW I already put a wetbar in my two channel room. I really like having "two flavors" but think I need some RTA to add to my collection. I actually spend more time in the 2 ch.

The SDA sound blew my socks off and I became an instant convert. Congrats Henry and very nice collection of Polks.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2004
    Congrats Henry! Are you still planning to purchase new SDA's if Polk decides to build them again?

Maurice
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2004

HBomb

I think it makes GREAT sense. I think every guy should have a pure 2ch rig.

With the recent addition of the 2.3tl's, I'm really giving serious thought to ditching surround in the living room and going strictly 2ch. However, the lovely Wendi does enjoy surround sound so what I will most likely do is go total separates for HT. So I'm keeping my eyes out for a pre/pro when I get back to the states.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by organ
    Congrats Henry! Are you still planning to purchase new SDA's if Polk decides to build them again?

Maurice

You bet if they are are the big brutes! If they reintroduce a crs+ look alike I'll probably pass. Its all or nothing for me and I want as close to 20 though 20k as I can get because they would probably take me to my twilight years.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    I developed a rumble in the left. Only when lows hit. I swapped out a driver but it remains... can it be the big woof on the bottom causing noise????

h
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited June 2004
    ??????

I dunno, man, never had any such problem.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,704
    edited June 2004
    The PR has most likely seperated. The "cone" is glued to a styrofoam piece at the back of the basket, remove the PR and reglue it.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited June 2004
    Maybe I missed it but can I ask what you are powering those SDA2B's with?

The pair I got from ATCVenom are being pushed by an Adcom GFA-535MkII I picked up from RuSsMaN.

Rated at about 50 watts per channel at 8 ohms but bench test at around 78 watts per channel. Since the SDA's are 6 ohm speakers, probably looking at closer to 100 watts per channel.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    I'm running a NAK PA-7 STASIS which is 200w/channel.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***