Dumping gear

Options
RuSsMaN
RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
edited June 2004 in Flea Market
No time right now to update the website, I will next week however. I've got gear in EVERY room of the house, and hardly a pathway in each room.

Here is some gear I'm offering up, most below mrkt value. If you WANT something, or a pic, post here. If you have questions, EMAIL me - so we can keep the post clean.

ALL of this will be up on ebay by weeks end, so if you see something you like SPEAK up. Assume everything in good working order, and good to great cosmetics unless noted.

KEF C40 speakers, dual 8" woofs, silk dome, large bookshelf - $100+ ship

Marantz 1040 Int amp, just back from my tech, serviced and ready to go. 20wpc, silver facia - CLEAN. $100 + ship

Yamaha CT-610 MkII am/fm analog tuna. Silver face, just aligned and serviced. $65 + ship

Kenwood KT-3500 am/fm analog tuna. Silver face, a small 'rub' on the left front corner of the glass. Works great. $30 + ship

BGW 2125 Mono power amp. Pro audio, HEAVY. 100 under rated watts, stable to 2 ohm, built in 15amp circuit breaker. Screw terminals, front mounted gain. Facia clean (black), minor rack rash on top. Would make a GREAT sub amp. Dollar a watt. $100 + ship

Advent Legacy speakers. Floorstanding 2-way. 10" woof, 1" silk dome. Recent foam, grilles complete, but with small 'frays'. $35, come get them.

MIT Terminator 5 1m interconnect pair, RCA $30 + ship *sale pending*

Dayton 275-045 1" metal dome tweeter pair, never mounted. $12 + ship

I'll just keep updating this post, once something is sold, it will be removed, I'll add new gear in too.

Cheers,
Russ
Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
Post edited by RuSsMaN on

Comments

• liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I will take the PBJ's just let me know where to send the money.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    All yours, pm sent.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • liv4fam
    liv4fam Posts: 311
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Thanks Russ,

That was a smooth transaction. Can't wait to get em.
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I'm intrigued by dynamic range expanders.

Never heard one work, though. How well do they work with vinyl? Will they do anything for poorly recorded (like with no dynamic range) CD's? Make 'em sound even more crappy? I've got lots of poorly recorded CD's. (And cheap CD players :D )

Jason
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited June 2004
    Options
    What ever happened with the Cobra Cables?

I'd be interested in the MIT speaker wire if I could find some better interconnects... (I see your MIT's, but would still need 1 more pair somewhere)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    The Cobra's are headed to Henry. The MIT's are spoken for as of last night.

Jason, the range expander won't make a crappy cd sound ok. It may make it sound a little better, but a bad recording is a bad recording. What it will do, and do well, is bring a common 'compressed' recording back to life.

It's really not needed with Vinyl, unless you just have a bad pressing (light weight). Tapes and CDP's with 1bit dacs it can do WONDERS for.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Allrighty then... I'll hold off on the interconnects for now... But if they are headed to E-bay, I have a use for them and would buy them, I just everyone else to have the first shot.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Could you send me a pic?, Or a link?

Scott Nixon 'Vosa' passive preamp, as new. 1 input, 1 output, point to point wiring, Alps pot and Caddocks resistor for gain control. You won't find a better passive pre at ANY price, period. $125 + ship
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I'll get you a pic when I get home Chuck. This is a rare piece, he made it custom for a special order.

Read you loud and clear James. I do have a 2m and 1m pair of Tributaries you can mess with if you want regardless.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Excellent, I would be very interested...
  • racer4551
    racer4551 Posts: 373
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russ if the range expander is still available i will take it ,pm me the info to pay,thanks.
    *HT PRE-PRO*:Rotel rsp-1068, *AMP*:Rotel RMB 1095 *DVD PLAYER*:Denon 2200,*CD PLAYERS*,Arcam Alpha Mcd 6 disk carasel,Hughes Hdtv receiver, Hughes hdvr2,*MAINS*:Polk LSI 15'S, *CENTER*:Polk LSIC, *SIDE SURROUNDS*:Polk LSIFX,*REAR SURROUND*:Polk LSI 7'S,*SUB*:SVS PB2+*.MONITOR*:Mitsubishi ws48413 hdtv,Monsterpower hts2500X2,,Sony playstation2,Harmony sst-659 remote
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by RuSsMaN
    The Cobra's are headed to Henry.

Cheers,
    Russ

Russ I intended to get the sub amp out to you this weekend AAADD hit me hard. I will have it out to you asap though.

Did you get your Audiophile mag back?

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I didn't really call dibbs on the DBX expander, so it's racer's for the taking, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks,
    Jason
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Jason,

IF you ever get the urge again, e-mail me. Same $ or less.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Chuck, pics are HERE.

Racer, PM sent
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russ, would the mit term. 5 be good connect for the adcom?
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • madmax
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russ,
    The pics don't show up, it just re-loads the flea market posts...
    madmax

• RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Sorry, fixed the link, hit it again.
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Mike, it's a good interconnect, what can I say? I used it with an Adcom pre, I don't know if it was ever on an Adcom amp.

Prices lowered, approaching last call.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,041
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Defs still available? Or have u sold them locally?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • hotwheelman
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russ, hang on to the mit 5 for me.

Mike
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    A. Def's are not in the list here.

2. I still need to order an endcap.

D. Basically, nothing has changed since we talked about them 3 days ago.

7. Didn't you just spend $500 on a pair already?

Thank you,
    Russ
  • madmax
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russman,
    My mailbox was full, it is cleaned out now. :)
    madmax

• madmax
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Don't worry ATC, it is sold and on its way!
    madmax

PS: I'm still available to fix your 3960 if you wish...

• racer4551
    racer4551 Posts: 373
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russ sent you a pm
    *HT PRE-PRO*:Rotel rsp-1068, *AMP*:Rotel RMB 1095 *DVD PLAYER*:Denon 2200,*CD PLAYERS*,Arcam Alpha Mcd 6 disk carasel,Hughes Hdtv receiver, Hughes hdvr2,*MAINS*:Polk LSI 15'S, *CENTER*:Polk LSIC, *SIDE SURROUNDS*:Polk LSIFX,*REAR SURROUND*:Polk LSI 7'S,*SUB*:SVS PB2+*.MONITOR*:Mitsubishi ws48413 hdtv,Monsterpower hts2500X2,,Sony playstation2,Harmony sst-659 remote
  • RuSsMaN
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Got it, and got the payment.

I'll ship by Friday at the latest, I've got class for the next 2 days from 8-530, so I may not be able to get to the shipping depot.

I'll forward the tracking no. when it ships.

Your PM box is full, so I put this here.

Cheers,
    Russ
  • kingkip
    kingkip Posts: 401
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russ

Looks like I'm #2 in line for the interconnects, if the deal doesn't go through I'll take em. (...I said #2)

Kip
    There are two ways to argue with women. Both of them are wrong.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited June 2004
    Options
    D'oh! I guess Kingkip beat me to the solid yes on the MIT interconnects... Add me at three
  • hotwheelman
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Russ, I have cleaned out the p.m.