For the headphone crowd...

treitz3
treitz3 Posts: 18,230
edited May 2013 in Headphones
http://seanolive.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-relationship-between-perception-and.html

I thought the people here who use headphones might find this an interesting read. It talks about the relationship between perception and measurement of headphone sound quality. It is written by Dr. Sean Olive who is an audio researcher and Director of Acoustic Research for Harman International a large audio company involved in the professional, consumer and automotive audio spaces with brands including JBL, HK, Infinity, Revel, Lexicon, AKG, and Mark Levinson. Enjoy!

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
Post edited by treitz3 on

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,556
    edited May 2013
    There are lots of good headphone tests that have been run for years.
    They just never were widely circulated. Let's face it, Bose and Beats are the
    bookends of $$$ and so so performance. Add a couple of $$$$$ posers to the
    pile (Ultrasone and a few others) as well. A look a innerfidelity shows at least one group of
    people paying attention. The good doctor really wasn't saying anything new.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson