Life's Been Good To Me So Far (Joe Walsh)

Options
Tornado Red
Tornado Red Posts: 939
edited April 2013 in The Clubhouse
I’ve had a small bit of good fortune come my way, and because I’ve always liked the “pay it forward” concept I’d like to use Karma here to pass it on. I’ll try (and not succeed) to make this brief: A month ago I ordered 2 discs from Amazon.ca. They were to arrive a few days later, that time came and went with no delivery. Did the tracking thing, then called Amazon, they immediately considered the package lost (UPS). One disc was flown next day to me, the second was reordered a couple days later when they got one more in and both have been received (even got a $20 discount for my trouble). You probably see where this is headed. Two days ago, the original package showed in my mailbox with the two discs. They don’t belong to me, so I called Amazon and asked what they wanted to do. I gave them the choice to get it back obviously on their nickel or I had an idea to gift it, and they basically said the case was closed and I was welcome to go the gift route.

I’d like to say right off here, kudos to Amazon, that’s where any thanks should go. This was my first bit of trouble in the 5 years I’ve been buying stuff from them, and I really liked their customer service, something sorely lacking today in a lot of businesses. So without further ado…these discs are still in the original Amazon fold up box thing, so obviously they have not been opened. That said, I won’t be opening the package, it ships best the way it is, so the winner will have to take both discs. AND most important, I would really like these to go to someone who will PLAY them and not flip…please?

The discs are: Who Framed Roger Rabbit on blu-ray and the original Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath, self titled) on SHM-SACD. I believe there is a SHM-CD version floating around of this as well, but this is the SHM-SACD version which, according to CD Japan, is out of print. So, you must have an SACD player to spin this (and, it’s awesome).
It’s easy to give something away that I have no vested interest in, so my part in this will be to pick up the shipping as long as it’s in the great 48 States or Canada. I’m under the assumption that there is no duty for you folks in the States under $200? I’ll take names over the next couple of days then do the name/hat/draw thing. Two reasons I’m doing this: I’ve had lots of help/good (mostly :cheesygrin:) advice on here the last several months that doesn’t go unappreciated, and when I was little my mother taught me to share. Good luck!
Post edited by Tornado Red on

Comments

• brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Cool move Red.
    please count me in.and kudos to mom!
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • polk500
    polk500 Posts: 1,171
    edited April 2013
    Options
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Nice. Please count me in.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,100
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Great move...

Count me in as well Red.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Drenis
    Drenis Posts: 2,871
    edited April 2013
    Options
    No SACD :(

I'm out.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,085
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Nice gesture RedDog,

I very interested, count me "in" . . . Thanks!

G

p.s. When does Spring hit for you folks? It's taking long as heck to come to SW Michigan . . .
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Count me in.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I am in, movie was great and I just got a SACD player and am in need of SACD's for it :biggrin:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Fongolio
    Fongolio Posts: 3,516
    edited April 2013
    Options
    In for this for sure.
    SDA-1C (full mods)
    Carver TFM-55
    NAD 1130 Pre-amp
    Rega Planar 3 TT/Shelter 501 MkII
    The Clamp
    Revox A77 Mk IV Dolby reel to reel
    Thorens TD160/Mission 774 arm/Stanton 881S Shibata
    Nakamichi CR7 Cassette Deck
    Rotel RCD-855 with modified tube output stage
    Cambridge Audio DACmagic Plus
    ADC Soundshaper 3 EQ
    Ben's IC's
    Nitty Gritty 1.5FI RCM
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Count me IN!

Great Karma, thanks T-Red!
  • Tornado Red
    edited April 2013
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »
    Nice gesture RedDog,

I very interested, count me "in" . . . Thanks!

G

p.s. When does Spring hit for you folks? It's taking long as heck to come to SW Michigan . . .

Apparently spring is a pipe dream here as well. We may just go from this winter into the next, why bother breaking out the lawn chairs and bbq?

Oh and FYI, no one's allowed to ask me to connect the dots between these two discs, it can't be done.
  • SDA1C
    SDA1C Posts: 2,069
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Great Karma Red! I'm in for sure. Never won anything, well I won a pie at a fair once.
    Too much **** to list....
  • zane77
    zane77 Posts: 1,696
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Love to be in on this, please count me in!
    Home Theater
    Onkyo PR-SC5508 Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Emotiva XPA-5 Emotiva XPA-2 Emotiva UPA-2
    Front RTi-A9 Wide RTi-A7 Center CSi-A6 Surround FXi-A6 Rear RTi-A3 Sub 2x PSW505
    Sony BDP-S790 Dishnetwork Hopper/Joey Logitech Harmony One Apple TV
    Two Channel
    Oppo 105D BAT VK-500 w/BatPack SDA SRS 2.3 Dreadnought Squeezebox Touch Apple TV
  • halo71
    halo71 Posts: 4,572
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Count me in please. If I win I will re-karma the blu-ray. As I do not have a player. Or send it to Drenis perhaps. I do have a SACD.
    --Gary--
    Onkyo Integra M504, Bottlehead Foreplay III, Denon SACD, Thiel CS2.3, NHT VT-2, VT-3 and Evolution T6, Infinity RSIIIa, SDA1C and a few dozen other speakers around the house I change in and out.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm in...

Even gonna throw up a Karma of my own in the next few days. :cheesygrin:
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'd like to be in on this.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • hosedagain
    hosedagain Posts: 116
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Count me in, your mother taught you well. my parents directed me in the same direction.
    Thanks
  • JuanR
    JuanR Posts: 718
    edited April 2013
    Options
    PLease count me in....GREAT KARMA!!!!!
  • jgido759
    jgido759 Posts: 572
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Great karma... in please.
    Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support
    group for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar.
    -Drew Carey

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
    -Unknown

My DVD Collection
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,579
    edited April 2013
    Options
    yes nice indeed ...Count me in please
  • Tornado Red
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Last call for anybody else that wants in. I'll take names till 6 this evening (central time) and draw a couple hours later. FYI, if one of our "temporarily banned" members wins, I will hold the items for a reasonable length of time after the suspension has been lifted, but will retain all names in case they decide not to return and draw again.
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited April 2013
    Options
    in please...great karma!
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited April 2013
    Options
    im in :)
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm in!
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • Tornado Red
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Time's up everyone. I'll be picking a little later and will post the winner this evening. 24 entries, good luck all!
  • Tornado Red
    edited April 2013
    Options
    And we have a winner! Let's go to the video tape...Jim?

http://youtu.be/9LGjRZ0Q06o
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the opportunity, T-Red! Cool random drawing method, even though I didn't win - thought I meant more to Petey than that! :cry:

The outcome apparently was predetermined just in that the name 'board' was pie-shaped. :razz:
  • Tornado Red
    edited April 2013
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the opportunity, T-Red! Cool random drawing method, even though I didn't win - thought I meant more to Petey than that! :cry:

The outcome apparently was predetermined just in that the name 'board' was pie-shaped. :razz:

LOL, I gave Petey a quick spin before I dropped him, think I was the only one that was confused. Though he was no Vanna White, he did a good job and got all the treats after the fact.

I'll pm SDA1C, thanks for signing up all :mrgreen:
  • Bob in WI
    Bob in WI Posts: 155
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Oh nice. Now the losers will all be after your dog.. :)
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited April 2013
    Options
    congrats sda
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA