My 2-channel system

Options
dragon1952
dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
edited June 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
I don't know if this will work :confused:
2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
Post edited by dragon1952 on

Comments

• dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Woo hoo!

Another shot:
    Phase Linear 4000 Series One pre-amp circa 1975
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    And.....

Phase Linear 400 Series One amp, 200wpc! Yowsah!
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    That's a Sherwood Newcastle CD-980 w/ my Audio Alchemy DAC.
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Old Advent Graduate speakers....ebay specials....while one of my Paradigm Studio 40's is being repaired.
    These speakers sound very, very nice!
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Anybody recognize these?
    The Advents sound better overall IMO.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I like the pre and amp, cool meters. They look to be in mint condition, did you buy them new?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    HeyF1....whassup,
    I got these recently from a co-worker who purchased them new. He even gave me the receipts. I think the amp was $599 and the pre was $499, plus $37 each for the cabinets. They had been in storage since around 1995. They were in rather sad shape when I got them with some tarnishing on the knobs and very dirty. The controls on the pre had all kinds of loud pops and crackles in them, one of the VU meter needles had come off and the wooden cabinets had been really neglected plus I had to troubleshoot a problem in the left channel of the pre but they cleaned up nice and sound pretty good too. This guy does not take care of his audio equipment, which is strange because he is pretty meticulous about everything else. I traded him my Onkyo Integra DTR 7 straight up for the amp and pre plus cabinets. I had gotten the Integra off of ebay for a total of $389 so this was a pretty decent deal.
    He also bought the ESS's new. He gave those to me on the condition I burn some CD's for him. The passive radiators were rotted and the cover of one of them is pretty bad but I was able to replace the radiators for around $37 and they're actually in very decent condition. I'll probably end up selling those though.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Great system, Dragon! Very cool vintage equipments. Is that a Pro 32 below your DITB? I'm going to start searching for one soon.

Maurice
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Hey bud....I was just thinking of you. I was going to ask you about the phase switch but I did a search and found the old thread on it.
    Anyway, thanks for the props!
    That's actually a DTI + on top and a DDE v.1.1 on bottom.
    I've had them for a coupla months and am just now getting around to checking them out. These replace my DITB. I haven't been able to compare the two yet cause one of my Studio 40's is in the shop and those are what I'm used to listening to.
    Catch ya later, bro!
  • F1nut
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Dragon,

I'd say you got a great deal and I commend you for your insight on saving those beauties.

Whassup? Oh pleeeze, you're older than me....lol.

F1

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I may be old but I'm still hep :cool:
  • F1nut
    edited June 2004
    Options
    LOL......are you sure, it's "hip." ;)

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Tsk, tsk! Look in the dictionary, youngster. Are you hep? Once you look it up you will be :cool:
    'hep' is what the hippies and beatniks were.
    'hip' is what the Disco crowd was.
    They actually mean the same thing but 'hep' is much, much cooler.
    :D
  • F1nut
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Yep, "Hep" is a early forum of "Hip."

You can be hep and I'll be hip. :D

No, no. Hippie comes from "hip."

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    In highschool (1967-1971) we used 'Are you hep' to also mean 'do you smoke weed' :D
    hep: in the know, informed, understood
    I always thought hip began as a misunderstading of the word hep. But over time they simply came to be the same.
  • warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Lol your both lame.:D
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • F1nut
    edited June 2004
    Options
    At least we're both COOL, remember that youngster. :D

President of Club Polk

• dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Word :cool:
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Now, there are four states of being in the cannabis, or marijuana, society: Cool, Groovy, Hip, and Square. The square is seldom if ever cool. He is not "with it," that is, he doesn't know "what's happening." But if he manages to figure it out, he moves up a notch to "hip." And if he can bring himself to approve of what is happening, he becomes "groovy." After that, with much luck and perseverance, he can rise to the rank of "cool." A cool guy... cool guy... cool guy...

Fear and Loathing. :p
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Groovy?!?! I think I must have bypassed that category along the way. I don't think I was ever 'groovy'.....well....maybe for a week or so. :p
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dcarlson

Fear and Loathing. :p

don't forget wailing and knashing of teeth;)

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    Options
    hep as in he's a "hep cat" meaning i think from the days of swing.. i guess it means he's cool.

Lovely gear you have them my friend. how heavy are those two pieces of gear?

;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Thanks bud!
    The preamp is extremely light but the amp is a monster and very lopsided as far as weight. The power transformer is on one end and practically no weight on the other. Makes it very difficult to handle.
    What's cool about the preamp is that it's all plug-in circuit boards. Makes it very easy to inspect and repair.
    The bad thing about the preamp is that the RCA jacks are very shallow....there's not much of the jack sticking out. I can't get my Outlaw's with the locking connectors on. I had to use some 'inferior' cables I had laying around to get a good connection so it's kind of a work in progress still.
    Here's a pic of the power transformer. This one isn't mine but it looks the same.
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Here's a pic of the preamp. You can kind of see how shallow the jacks are. If not, try squinting :p
  • dragon1952
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Here's another: