Really cool tweek!

haroo
haroo Posts: 83
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
:D the other day i was rockin the house(new polks/rt800i,4xr10,psw450,sc400i) it sounded great!
but...I KNOW THAT THEY CAN SOUND BETTER!
So i took 3/4in ply cut to the size for the bottom of the speakers,then i put 4 drywall screws about 1in' in from all 4 corrners,i had some 1in'felt pads in the bacement,cut that to size of the wood,... ok , now i laid down the pads where i wanted the speakers,put the wood on top,(screws up) wait... i know what your thinking...OUCH, SAID THE LITTIE POLK!.Here's the cool part,you take the little metel disks that you pop out of electrial boxes,put cabinit bumpers(the little rubber things that stop the door from slammin' on cupboards,)on the center of the disks,then very carefully put the disks between the speakers and the screw board(rubber against the speaker/ metal touching the tip of the screw) that sitting on the felt pads....there's like 1/100,000 of anything between the screw and the speaker,TOTAL ISOLATION,there was zero viberation on the stands.my speakers lit up the room like never befor( i pulled out the sound meter*** i hit 97Db the other day...108Db today < in the sweet spot on the couch> GIVE IT A TRY! It "ROCKS"

:D - NAKAMICHI HAROO...

"GOD GAVE YOU THE GIFT OF SOUND,YOUR GIFT TO GOD IS WHAT YOU DO WITH IT!" -haroo[IMG]C:\Kodak Pictures\PALMPIX\haroopalm\000067.JPG[/IMG] [IMG]C:\Kodak Pictures\PALMPIX\haroopalm\000065.JPG[/IMG]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--MARANTZ SR18ex 140wpc x 5 (high current/direct amp)thx-ex "ultra"
electrohome tube amp 15watt. pr channel(aprox.1955a.d.) for 2 channel audio{recently recapped& tubed-5ar4power rect. & 12au7)
-kenwood amp(km-996/140wpc(used for 7.1 rears(thx ex)
-toshiba dvd video/audio player(progressive scan) sd-4700
-sony sacd cd player scd-xe670
-nakamichi "music bank cd player "6+1disk(20bit dac)
-toshiba hifi vcr (v3 pro head)
-motorola digital cable box
-RCA 32' "home theater" PIP tv
-polk RT800i x 2 (mains) ~bi-wired
-polk sc400i x 1 (center) ~bi-wired
-polk fx300i x 2 (side fx) ~di-pole
-polk r10 x 2 (rears)
-polk pws250 (powered sub)
-2x173ltr(48"-16")sono subs(powered by kenwood kr-7200 250watt & w/ audiosource EQ (model eq eight/series II)
-Thorens td-166 mk II/Grado silver fs1
-Thorens td-160/empire 66cart
-Dual 601
-D.I.Y. carfea "little big horns"-(pioneer full range 8" & fostex 4" compression horn tweaters
-sony (ps1)
-sony (ps2)

-haroo, "GOD gave you the gift of sound, Your gift to God is what you do with it!"
"marantz haroo"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post edited by haroo on

Comments

• ncstatesman
    ncstatesman Posts: 145
    edited March 2002
    . . . sounds interesting, do you have a digital pic of what you did (pic is worth a thousand words)
  • scottvamp
    scottvamp Posts: 3,277
    edited March 2002
    Ya, IF you can take a pic because I totally don't understand what you did here.:confused:
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2002
    Originally posted by scottvamp
    Ya, IF you can take a pic because I totally don't understand what you did here.:confused:
    need too see a pic.
    sounds like something i could do to annoy the family
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video: