Here's a pic.

dcarlson
dcarlson Posts: 1,740
edited June 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
It's been a long time coming but here's a quick pic of my system.
SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
Post edited by dcarlson on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    nice. are those fronts RT800i's? give us a run down on your gear. i always like knowing what i'm looking at. ;)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    It's funny what you see in picture that you miss in real life. I never realized the left speaker cable wrapped around a power cord. Minor details I guess but.... I've since fixed it. LOL. :D

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    RT1000i

From from top to bottom.

Dynaco ST-70 tube amp
    Rotel RCD1070 CD player
    Musical Fidelity A3 integrated
    Denon 2802 Receiver

In the right hand corner is a Thorens TD160 Turntable.

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by danger boy
    nice. are those fronts RT800i's? give us a run down on your gear. i always like knowing what i'm looking at. ;)

Looks to me like the greatest speaker in the whole wide world!!!!;)

1/4twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by dcarlson
    It's funny what you see in picture that you miss in real life.
    I'm afraid of the answer, but do I dare ask why you have a hand towel next to your audio system?:p
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by brettw22
    I'm afraid of the answer, but do I dare ask why you have a hand towel next to your audio system?:p

:D
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    LOL. :D It's covering up a heating duct.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited June 2004
    Yeah right, sure it is.

Looking good Derick :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    LOL. :D It's covering up a heating duct.

Uh huh, yea, sure, that's what it is for. :D

Don't you get some nasty reflections off of that coffee table?

Nice system!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    There are castors on 2 legs to wheel it out of the way. I haven't done it in while though, I live in an apartment with people living underneath me so I don't get to take full advantage of my system.

Today, I did however sign an offer to buy a very modest house. Barring any major setbacks I take possession August 16th. Then I can do whatever the hell I please. I can’t wait.

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited June 2004
    Great set up Derick! Those are some fine gear you have. I really like the way the old RTxxxi look. Much better than the RTi IMO. So what's coming next? Your Foreplay should arrive soon right?

Maurice
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited June 2004
    Looks real nice. You should be proud.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    Thanks again guys. :)

I prefer the look of the older RTxxxx's also.

The Foreplay still hasn't come in and that's all I have on the horizon. Once it's up and going, I'll be at the point where speakers will be my next BIG upgrade. Then, with new speakers, I'll be able to separate the HT and have a pure 2 channel setup as well.

I have a feeling the house is going to suck the bucks for a while though.

• amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2004
    Thanks again guys. :)

I prefer the look of the older RTxxxx's also.

The Foreplay still hasn't come in and that's all I have on the horizon. Once it's up and going, I'll be at the point where speakers will be my next BIG upgrade. Then, with new speakers, I'll be able to separate the HT and have a pure 2 channel setup as well.

I have a feeling the house is going to suck the bucks for a while though.

I like them too. Not just for the looks;) . How do you like the subs in the 1000's?

Yeah the house can do that, but hey you've forgotten the other 16 hours in the day. You can get another job!:D

Looks good bro.
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    Another job? :eek: My lazy **** has trouble mustering 7.5 hours a day. LOL.

The subs do fine in 2 channel. For movies they need help. I have a CS400i and a Boston Acoustics PV600 sub that aren't setup because of my appartment situation.

When I used to run the RT1000i's with my Denon, whether in 2ch or HT they did benefit from some help. With the MF integrated there's no need for a sub whatsoever in 2ch. I think it's a matter of feeding them some quality power to make them shine. I use the line level in rather than the LFE in.

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited June 2004
    I'm diggin that "RCD" I love Rotel CD Players. Awesome setup dude.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Gary Robertson
    Gary Robertson Posts: 201
    edited June 2004
    Musical Fidelity A3 is one of the BEST integrated amps out there and rated A in stereophile---I myself would be very
    proud to own that amp..
    System #2
    Yamaha cdc-755,(20 bit DAC )
    Yamaha KX W382 cassette deck,
    ADCOM GFA-545-II.ampfilier,,
    ADCOM GFP-450 Preamp ,,BBE audio Restoration System (ARS)--Monster--M850I Innerconects and Monster 14 gauge speaker cable and the Fabulous POLK RT-7's with a Velodyne 12/15 subwoofer system ....she rocks.........
    System #1:
    Meridian 508-24 cd.(20 bit DAC)
    Adcom -Gfp 750 preamp,
    Bryston 14b-sst amplifier,
    Martin Logan Prodigy Electrostatc speakers.and Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II innerconnects (rca) with Acoustic Zen Satori Shotgun speaker cable.
    ............................. "Jazz is democracy in music".
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    2 purchases I've never thought twice about are the Rotel and the Musical Fidelity. :)

• reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited June 2004
    Since we are running the same fronts what can I say but Great Speakers, the 400i works real well with the 1000i fronts, enjoy your new place.
  • organ
    edited June 2004
    Hey Derick, how about a close up pic of the sexy Dyna? Just want to see her condition. Have you tried any metal polish on her yet?

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    This side polished up nicely.

• dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    With flash.

• dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    Another

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited June 2004
    Sure is purdy....I could floss with that thing. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    The pitting. It's only on this one side that it's a little bad. I haven't tried cleaning it up yet.

• organ
    edited June 2004
    Sweet! Still in excellent condition. Thanx for the pics.
    I also had some minor rust spots on mine but the metal polish took them away completely.
    I really like what you did with the RCA inputs on the front.
    Remember to post pics of your Foreplay when it arrives:). I need to get my damn ASL fixed. I still haven't had time to restore my Dyna because I keep spending money:( .

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    I hear ya. With the house a done deal, I won't be doing any more system upgrades for a while. Even though I have a few big ideas in mind. :(

• dcarlson
    edited June 2004
    What polish did you use again?

• organ
    edited June 2004
    Tell me about your big ideas. I'm guessing you're planning to upgrade quite a few components?

The polish I used is just called "Metal Polish". The packaging is just like toothpaste. You can find it in Canadian Tire.

Maurice
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited June 2004
    Nice setup, sexy looking tube amp :)
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.