RTi100's----- amazing

shepx2
shepx2 Posts: 646
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
We got the new RTi-100's in our store yesterday, and hooked them up immediately.
Everyone who has listened to them have been blown away. The sound difference between these and the model they replaced, the rt1000i, is enormous. And that's saying a lot, considering that I really liked the 1000's.
First, the soundstage is DEEP; especially with classical music. And the sweet spot is really wide. Normally, with most speakers I've listened to in this price range, you have to be right in the middle for the best sound. Not with these. You can be quite a bit to either side of center, and it sounds almost the same.
Most importantly, to me at least, is how much smoother they sound. I never really cared for the tri-lam's sound in the rti's; too in your face. The new tweets are accurate, and they blend right in, with no harshness at all.
If you have the chance, even if you aren't in the market to buy something right now, go take a listen to these. If the store has the 1000's still on display, do a side by side to hear how radical the difference is. I know Polk said that the differences between last year's and this year's models were minor, but that seems like major downplay after hearing them.
I can't wait to hear the rest of the new line. And I really hope Polk sends off a few of these for review to some of the major magazines for review, to get some exposure to the public.
Great job Polk! Now, PLEASE, hurry and get the rest of the line to us so we can play with those too!

Shep
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    The word on the street is that Polk is returning to its roots and that the new stuff sounds pretty good.
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    shepx 2 hi what store you work at is it cc i would like to hear them to i too thank that the tri- lam is a littel up front and you got to be in the sweet spot to get a deep sound stage. thats why i want to get the lsi-9. for the vifa ring tweeter

thanks for the good post
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.