HTPC-Receiver-DAC?

cowtrimmer
cowtrimmer Posts: 201
edited March 2013 in Going Digital
I currently run my audio via rca coax from my htpc directly to my receiver which is a Onkyo 809. Would there be any benifits to running this signal to a DAC and then the receiver ?
Post edited by cowtrimmer on

Comments

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited March 2013
    That's got a BB 192/24 DAC so it's probably not crap. I think it would depend on the resolution of your audio files, the quality of your speakers, the quality of the DAC you might consider and the manner in which you listen, e.g. If you sit in the sweet spot and seriously listen in 2-channel or if you normally just listen as background music and/or with any DSP or multi-channel simulation.
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones