Polk MoMo setup on a boat

Options
Ghblue
Ghblue Posts: 2
edited March 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 26' boat I want to install four 6.5" MoMo speakers and a 10" Sub. Obviously I'll need a amp.

What are your thoughts. Previously I looked at JL audio.

Thnx in advance
Post edited by Ghblue on

Comments

• Ghblue
    Ghblue Posts: 2
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Which sub and which amp should I buy?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Don't know much about the subject, but my fishing buddy sports clarion marine amps?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • 38Fountain
    38Fountain Posts: 9
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I'm installing 4 MM651's and 2 MM1040's using 2 PA-D4000.4 amps in my 38 Fountain. Do yourself a favor and take the time to build a box for the sub, I covered the boxes with marine grade vinyl. IF you decide to use 2 subs and one of these amps to power it, please note the instructions are poor, what I found after many hours of cussing and posting on here was....

The problem was the instructions, or should I say, the lack of instructions. While the instructions do show you what is printed right on the amp, it does not elaborate on any of the settings when connecting 2 bridged subs. As per the instructions, used FRONT inputs,set to stereo, BPF, adjusted levels...... only on the FRONT side, NOWHERE does it tell you to set the adjustments for REAR. A little less information on the obvious and, a little more on the details would be a better manual