Where to buy DVDs

brussell
brussell Posts: 40
edited March 2002 in Music & Movies
I used to buy from Big Star but it looks like they have shutdown. Any suggestions on where to buy?

Thanks
Brad
Post edited by brussell on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    columbiahouse's DVD club is a great way to get titles for around $10 each!!!
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    BTW, welcome to the forum...:D
  • kn505
    kn505 Posts: 380
    edited March 2002
    Columbiahouse has a special saving code. Do anyone have the code or know what savings do you get if one has the code? Thanks in advance.
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    4GF - 4 DVDs for $0.49 each 5th for $14.95 have to buy 2 (Plus S/H/T) 7/$10.25

5AD - 7 DVDs for $29.99 total have to buy 4 (Plus Tax) 11/$10.80

59P - 5 DVDs for $0.01 each 6th for $9.95 have to buy 3 (Plus S/H/T) 9/$9.86

69A - 4 DVDs for $0.49 each 5th for $9.95 have to buy 2 (Plus S/H/T) PSN required! 7/$9.53

7CY - 5 DVDs for $0.49 each 6th for $14.95 have to buy 2 (Plus S/H/T) PSN required! 8/$9.28

7MJ - 4 DVDs for $0.49 each 5th and 6th for $9.95 each have to buy 2 (Plus S/H/T) 8/$9.83

the PSN is a previous account # you had with columbihouse.

ENJOY
    :D
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited March 2002
    Try DVDplanet.com, it used to be Ken Cranes LD and DVD, a lot of current DVDs are on sale now from $10 to $15, shipping is $2.50 for the first disc, then .50 for each additional, they mail DVD to you via priority insured mail. This place have everything and all titles from A to Z;)
  • Micah Cohen
    Micah Cohen Posts: 2,022
    edited March 2002
    Check out this link:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=107726

It's a ton of info on Columbia House and their DVD club, including how to get the most for your money.

MC
    ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited March 2002
    I do not like the idea of joining the DVD club; there are some obligations and requirements you have to comply. They show you several options to choose and after you satisfy the requirements but the never show you the bottom line costs. Yes, you will get the lower price on DVD, but you don't have a lot of freedom on the selection, feature of the month are always suck, and when you order, they will charge you arm and leg for the what so call” handling" and then shipping and then you will have to wait for a wait to get the DVD, so if you want the new released DVD, prepare to wait bubba... To me, buy when you want to buy, buy what you what at anytime, and the place you deal with must have wide selection of all categories.
    Sorry folks, just my .02 cents.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    best buy has beter priceses and you dont have to pay s&h also i can go to target and get 10%off
  • brussell
    brussell Posts: 40
    edited March 2002
    Thanks for all the responeses

Brad
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited March 2002
    Originally posted by goingganzo
    best buy has beter priceses and you dont have to pay s&h also i can go to target and get 10%off

They opened a new Best Buy here.
    I went expecting to come out with a shopping cart full of dvd's.
    I found their prices nothing special or even high.
    An occasional 9.99, but....
    Target on the other hand has decent prices...and alot of "specials"

-luc