Sony making big PS4 introduction event in NYC. Feb 20th tomorrow!

Dabutcher
Dabutcher Posts: 2,588
edited March 2013 in Video Games
Kool
MIT Magnum MH-750, Monster HTS 5100MKII, Sony 77" Class - A80CJ Series - 4K UHD OLED,PS4, Def Tech 15” sub,LSIM 706c, Sunfire Signature Grand 425 x 4,Parasound hca 120, LSiM 702 x 4, Oppo 103D, SDA SRS 1.2, Pioneer Elite SC63 , Pioneer Elite BDP-05 “Why did you get married if you wanted big speakers?”
Post edited by Dabutcher on

Comments

• polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited February 2013
    This is great news, tnx for the heads up
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited February 2013
    IGN is going to be livestreaming this event on their website starting at 2pm PST, 5pm EST, 10pm UK. The PlayStation event announcement in NYC starts at 3pm PST, 6pm EST, and 11pm UK.
  • kuntasensei
    kuntasensei Posts: 3,263
    edited February 2013
    So... was anyone else as underwhelmed as I was? I mean... they didn't show the system... they didn't talk about the rumor that it won't play used games... they didn't discuss the rumor that online play will now be subscription based like Xbox Live... and nothing they showed seemed to be a big enough leap to convince your average consumer to plop down $400+ come November, at least to me. It's like they ignored every elephant in the room. Yeah, some of the games looked outstanding... but again, not significantly better than what we're seeing on 360/PS3 now, IMHO.

I sure hope Microsoft shows more than Sony did, 'cause otherwise, I may go back to PC gaming. :razz:
    Equipment list:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010 9.2 AVR
    Emotiva XPA-3 amp
    Polk RTi70 mains, CSi40 center, RTi38 surrounds, RTi28 rears and heights
    SVS 20-39CS+ subwoofer powered by Crown XLS1500
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-ray player
    DarbeeVision DVP5000 video processor
    Epson 8500UB 1080p projector
    Elite Screens Sable 120" CineWhite screen
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited February 2013
    I found it boring when I watched it, blah blah pr crap. Your dead right kntas about them saying nothing about all the questions we we gamers had burning the brain cells
  • boomerfss
    boomerfss Posts: 125
    edited February 2013
    The news article I read today said the PS4 will not be backward compatible for PS3 games. It is heavily focusing on the "social" aspect of gaming. Allowing direct connections to facebook and such directly while gaming.

Unless I need another bluray player, it's sounding more and more like I may as well just plug in my laptop.
    Onkyo HTRC 180
    Polk Monitor 70 Series 2 Fronts
    Polk CSi A6 Center
    Polk PSW505 Sub Woofer
    Polk Monitor 60 Series 2 Surrounds.
    Harman Kardon HTSK18 Back Ceiling Mounted
    PS3 Xbox
  • mystik610
    mystik610 Posts: 699
    edited February 2013
    The games looked great, but I did not see anything compelling other than a hardware upgrade. Everything they presented could probably be scaled back to play on current gen tech.

The industry as a whole has gotten stagnant from an innovation standpoint. It's an industry that has learned to play it safe by offering incrimental improvements to the same tried and true IP's and genres, and it looks like Sony intends to perpetuate this with the PS4.
    My System Showcase!

Media Room
    Paradigm Studio 60 - Paradigm CC-690 - Paradigm ADP-390 - Epik Empire - Anthem MRX300 - Emotiva XPA-5

Living-room
    Paradigm MilleniaOne - Rythmik F12GSE - Onkyo TX-SR805 - Adcom 5400

Headphones
    Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear - Shure SE215 - Fiio E18 Kunlun
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited February 2013
    I watched about the first hour or so of the release. Seems like the first 2 game graphics they showed looked like games for kids under 10, then they showed a game that looked something like MW3 or Black Opts,etc... Honestly, I just wasn't wowed by the graphics, they didn't look that__ much better than what we have now on new games on the PS3. I'm not an online player, prefer inviting a couple of friends over to hang out and have fun playing in co-op mode against the bad guys. What sucks is that there are fewer games that allow this anymore. I would much rather play video games with real_ friends and share each others company than playing alone with other strangers you'll never__ meet or could give a rats **** about you outside of the internet gaming.
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,966
    edited February 2013
    XBox!!!!!

BOOO PLAYSTATON!

:-P
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • Lost240
    Lost240 Posts: 176
    edited March 2013
    So far I am not impressed