Hey guys a little help here

warviper
warviper Posts: 585
edited June 2004 in Car Audio & Electronics
Just got me an avalanche and i would like to get a new system in it. But the problem is that i do not want a boom system i want to get a system that rivals my 2 channel set up. ohh and the other problem is that i dont know jck about car stuff. i went looking for a head unit but 50 watts at 4 ohms dont sound like much to me. any ideas would be helpfull. and be quick about is the stock sysyem is killing me.;)
Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
Post edited by warviper on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2004
    well, for what you're looking at, the power ratings on the HU don't matter... that's 50Wx4 MAX, btw

most important questions: what's your budget? and what's your style (boom, quality, loud-as-hell AND sounds good, etc) ??
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,707
    edited June 2004
    Well, lets see, he already mention that he doesn't want "boom system i want to get a system that rivals my 2 channel set up." and if we had actually read and comprehended that man's question, we'd have known that already.

warviper, what is your budget because that will dictate what kind of equipment can be recommended. Also, do you have space requirements? Namely, will a sub be feasible? Is there a place to easily mount amplifiers? I'm not all that familiar with an Avalanche interior so I can't be sure. Also, what year is your new Avalanche?

As far as the head unit power, no, it's not all that spectacular. If you want a basic stereo they usually work fine but judging by your home setup, a head unit amplifier will not be anough power. You will need to find external amplification.

So answer the questions and provide a little more detail so we can get a better idea of what you are looking for and what kind of money you are wanting to spend.

Most people can get away with a good starter system for around 1,000-1,500 bucks. If you can squeeze a 2K budget, it'll be easier to make the "system that rivals my 2 channel set up" idea work. I realize that is a large chunk of change but keep in mind that would include everything from a head unit, speakers and amplifiers and even wiring and a CD changer or MD Changer if you were so inclined. Some advice though, if you want to rival your home stereo, you are going to have to drop some change on it because your home stereo isn't exactly junk! ;)
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2004
    most all head units now are "50x4" which is peak power
    17-23 watts RMS is about what youre going to get out of em
    nothing to brag about
    the big question now has been mentioned...budget
    depending on how much money you want to dump into it is going to directly relate to how good its going to sound
    you can always do this in steps...in my mind, the first step is going to be a new head unit
    your head unit is your reciever just like in HT, its the brain, and nothing works without the brain, better the brain, the better everything else will be
    avalanche is a GM truck, so if its anything like my truck, you have 6.5s in the front and 4x6s in the back
    the next step is of course, new speakers, GM speakers are crap, hell, their TOTL speakers are BOSE:rolleyes: ...says a lot huh?
    i think in all of the newer GM vehicles they have seperate tweeters and mids
    so thats where the component system comes in, depending on how much money you want to spend is how good a set youre going to get
    the DBs are the 'lower' line of Polk, MOMOs are the 'TOTL' for Polk
    theres stuff better than the MOMOs out there, but of course they come with a nice price tag as well
    in the MOMOs price range, theirs not much else that competes with it in terms of power handling, these things NEED 100watts RMS to get them to sound to their potential, no ifs ands or buts about it, if you dont have 100 watts to em, youre not going to get the detail and accuracy out of em as you would with 100-200 watts, i have 225 watts running to mine, but the other day i was accused of being crazy car audio wise and theres already a bet on how fast i will blow my new subs...
    anyway, youll need a good 100-150 watts to get the potential from these speakers
    the DBs have a lower power handling and price tag, but not quite the quality of the MOMOs
    there are more accurate speakers out there that have a power handling of 50-75 watts out there, but most are more expensive than the MOMOs
    but you will save money when you buy amps...so it kind of evens out, it depends on your listening habits, do you like it loud and pretty accurate or do you like it quieter but more accurate?
    im not saying that the MOMOs are not very accurate, for the price, they are among the best sounding speakers out there, but there is better
    as far as rear speakers go, 4x6s are really crap speakers...
    you can modify it to a 5.25" or 6.5" speaker but it does require some cutting
    personally, i dont want to cut my truck up, and 4x6 speakers are fine for me because i only use them for rear-fill most of the time, another words, for passengers in the back seat
    the only time i even out the fade on my radio is when i want it to be louder
    rear speakers do take away from the accuracy of your front speakers, its extremely hard to get them to blend well and for that reason is why virtually every SQ competitor do not run rear speakers at all
    in fact, my next system will not have rear speakers, if i do, i will just keep my current 4x6s and put them back there, but leave them off all the time unless i have back seat passengers
    now lets talk about amps
    i love HiFonics, theyre pretty cheap, well built, awesome amps
    HiFonics amps for EVERYTHING
    front speakers and sub, rear speakers can be run off the HU
    speaking of subs, thats next
    im not sure how high the backseat of an avalanche is...but thats the only place i can think of to put them in a ext. cab truck(which i think all avalanches are)
    heres my CarDomain site with pics of all of my install
    that might help you out a little bit
    id recommend one sub for you since you dont want a boom system
    put it under your drivers side back seat
    i have 2 subs, 550 watts RMS going to each, i like it and i want louder...but for you, one sub is enough
    are you good with building stuff?
    i.e. a box for the sub?
    if so itll save you some money and itll be better than a lot of the pre-made crap out there
    again, depending on budget is going to directly relate to your sub
    also, depending on size restraints
    i got 2 12" subs behind my seat fairly easy, so one 10" should be cake and give you the bass to complete the full spectrum of your music
    subs, even small ones, WILL make a world of difference
    subs are not just made to be loud and obnoxious and so other ppl can hear you, ive heard that said before and it nearly made me sick
    as you know in HT, in all forms of audio, whether it be watching days of thunder or listening to days of the new, it will not be complete without a sub
    i highly recommend a sub, and theres no excuse for not having one anymore, there are some out there that are 3" deep
    thats the basics
    sound deadening is also nice to have
    Peal N Seal is very cheap and can be found at Home Depot
    i would recommend getting some and putting one or two layers on your front doors
    it will decrease rattles and white noise(wind noise, other noises you get in a car that you dont get in your house) and will increase the sound quality of your mid-bass driver
    i highly recommend picking up some, its not that hard, you have to pull the door panels off anyway to get to the speakers, its cheap, so why not?
    but no, its not necessary and im being kind of a hypocrite here because i dont have any in my doors, but only because im getting a new truck soon and did not deem it necessary for my current set up
    but when i get my new truck i will be spending mucho dinero on some TOTL sound deadening
    if you really want to get some stuff that outperforms peal n seal and is still relatively cheap, pay a visit to www.secondskinaudio.com
    if you like what you see, email Ant and tell him your vehicle, where you want to put it, and how much money you want to spend
    he is a stellar guy to deal with, some of the best customer service on the planet, and best of all, if you mention you were referred to him by the 'car audio forums', hell give you a discount
    one thing that i did not mention but is necessary is of course the wiring
    youre going to need power wire, RCAs and speaker wire
    power wire is power wire
    the only difference is the size, the more power your amps draw, the bigger power wire you need
    people sell kits which include everything you could need
    i personally recommend www.knukonceptz.com
    if you find cheaper than them anywhere, i will be surprised
    another option is EBay
    you can get new kits for pretty cheap, but knukonceptz still competes for the most part
    RCAs usually come with the kit, but are not the best made ever
    car RCAs are different from HT RCAs in the coating and shielding only
    they have to be able to stand up to extreme temperatures and be resistant to everything pretty much, and have better shielding from inducting any type of noise like from the starter or alternator
    i recommend Street Wires ZN 3.0s or 6.0s
    both are great RCAs
    both can be found for cheap at www.sounddomain.com/shop
    they can probably be found on EBay as well
    youll need the 16' length RCAs if you mount your amps on the back wall like i did mine, im not sure if you can though depending on several things, it might be better to mount them under the front seats or even on the sub box itself
    as far as online places to look at
    www.acaraudio.com
    they are NOT authorized dealers of what they sell, but they sell the HiFonics amps i mentioned above and souddomain will usually match or beat their prices and sounddomain is authorized of everything they sell
    www.crutchfield.com although they are expensive
    www.thezeb.com
    www.speedsound.com
    theres many more but those are the basics that ive found that have a large selection and decent prices
    this should cover about everything you need to know, now we need a budget
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Thanx for the replys. Spending 2k is ok more is alright if i think its worth it. Id rather not have a sub because of the space that it will take up. I do not want boom just want tight fast acurate bass. I can mount the amps on the back of the fold down seats im thinking. I want final pruducts not fillers that i can upgrade latter. How bout i get four speakers, the head unit then the four channel amp. I dont need a cd changer and no neon lights!;)
  • MTXMAN
    MTXMAN Posts: 682
    edited June 2004
    If you want something truly sweet, here's what i'd reccomend...

Eclipse CD8454 -- Features:
    8v pre-amp outputs, clear clean signal to your amps always a plus
    plays mp3 and wma and has a memory stick reader.
    all around a highly recognized head unit for sound quality, and my personal choice for HU upgrade (hopefully only a couple months for i can afford mine... paying for college sucks ;) )
    can be seen at www.eclipse-web.com
    Price: bout $550

1st choice front speakers:
    Focal Utopia Compent set 165w
    100wrms power handling and recognized as excelent sound quality.
    can be seen at: http://www.focal.tm.fr/gb/car/utopia/165w.htm
    price: retail = $1100 can be had for $580 from the authorized dealer www.speedsound.com

2nd choice front speakers:
    Polk MM6 component set
    you should know where to find the details on this one lol :p

Amp for front speakers:
    US Amps TU600
    150x2 tube amp, i can personally vouch for how beautiful this amps sounds, can also be had from www.speedsound.com for around 500, retails for 740.

rear speakers (btw my info calls for 6.5" all the way around)
    Focal utopia 5ws 5 3/8" sub you'll have to make a ring to custom fit these but the result should be worth it, it'll give you lower end response and keep your soundstage up front where you want it and will also save you the space from a seperate subwoofer
    can be seen at : http://www.focal.tm.fr/gb/car/utopia/5ws.htm
    retail price: $210 each speedsound.com price $140 each

amp for these US amps 400x 100x2 @4ohms retails at 560; 370 at speedsound.com

the TU-600 runs full range so you can either get an external xover for it or trust in the xover for the component set.

one problem might be with the small sub hitting the door panel or window, you'd have to look into that before choosing. the mm6's will more than likely require some custom work to fit.

all told it'll run you around 3 grand with wiring etc. that's w/o getting an xover and it should sound absolutely gorgeous.

that's just all items off the top of my head, also rainbow makes a 6.5 in sub that's worth looking into as well.

good luck man
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • MTXMAN
    edited June 2004
    another thought, if you want just hu, 4 speakers, and 4ch amp

i'd get the eclipse hu from before, polk mmc650's all around and the US Amps TU 4360 75x4 tube amp, it's 5watts less than the rms of the speakers but it's more than likely underated and it's a tube amp and very high quality

simple setup for about 2000 ish with wiring etc and it won't put much strain at all on your electrical system

simple with very good sound
    Hemi: (HEM -e) adj. Mopar in type, V8, hot tempered, native to the United States, carnivorous, eats primarily Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes. Also enjoys smoking a good import now and then to relax.
  • warviper
    edited June 2004
    Been thinking about Eclipse have had them before. Sad too see them going all sony with there design stye. I like the classic look of their old gear. Maybe its me thats getting old.:( Ill do more research on that other gear. Thanx for taking the time guys.
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    the focals he listed are awesome speakers. I'd get em...theyre very accurate. itd save you a lot of money if you went with HiFonics amps though
    ill try and get some other options listed sometime soon
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited June 2004
    warviper, given the fact that you have LS90's for your home stereo, I'd say that the best sonics match would be the older dB series that Polk is no longer making. Since they are not readily available, the next closest thing is the MOMO series, not the Carbon series but the top end of the line. I would do my best to see if you can fit the MM6's in the stock locations. They are a tad deep and may have clearance problems but you might be able to install a spacer ring to raise them up a tad.

I'd get a Hifonics Zeus ZX6400, 4 channel amp. They aren't goingto break the bank and they are solid performers, lots of very clean power. They are 85W x 4 RMS so it should be fine for MM6's.

Add to that a head unit from Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer or whatever you really like. Personally, I don't think Eclipse is worth the hype behind it. They charge a premium over other brands yet offer very little over the other brands. My personal experience has been nothing but good with Kenwood, Kenwood eXcelon and Pioneer Premier or otherwise. I'd reccomend either one with confidence.

For wiring, I'd recommend a StreetWires kit. They are the best kits I have used. For installation stuff, if you buy a head unit from Crutchfield, they send you detail instructions plus the harnesses you will need to complete the task. Makes it easy for a newb!

I don't see any reason to go blowing the bank on Utopias. They are nice but while your posts seems to say that money is no object, I don't think you want to dump over 4 grand into your audio system for your Avalanche. What I listed though, it should give you a good setup that will match your LS90's well. They will have a very similar sound. You may find that bass response might lack due to road noise and such. At that point, you can discuss subwoofers. A single 10 inch sub is often time plenty of boom for people looking for low end reinforcement.

So, you have some options to mull over. Just remember that the goal is what YOU like and don't let anyone pressure you into getting something you really aren't interested in. Shop around too. Listen to as much as you can before deciding. Some things to keep in mind are:

- for head units, they all have similar options for each price point. Don't kill yourself looking for fancy gizmos, look at sensitivity ratings, signal-to-noise ratios and such. The most important thing you want to see is a high voltage pre-amp outpur. ~4-5 volts is good. Less is ok but performance may suffer.

- for amplifiers, low THD is good. The lower, the better. Ignore peak power, concentrate on RMS value and try to get as close to the rated RMS as your budget will allow. There are other things like slew-rate and such that are more detailed and you really don't have to pay attention to them if you aren't sure about them.

- for speakers, you want to pay attention to power handling, sensitivity ratings and the usual stuff from home audio. Add to that mounting depths and other dimensions specific to your vehicle.

- for installation, you want a thick, multi-stranded power wire, 8 guage or bigger. I prefer 4 guage unless you are going to go for several thoudsand watts. Then bigger is needed. For speaker wire, some say 16, some say 14, I personally use nothing smaller than 12 guage if I can help it. It's thick and heavy but important. You don't want to cram 100 watts of power through a wire that can only handle 75 watts of power. It gets messy.

Above all else, if you aren't sure ask questions!

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2004
    Focals are just about the best speakers in the world but Id check up on SpeedSound because Focal has a big disclaimer on their website that they do NOT authorize any sales over the internet and if SpeedSound is selling $1200 speakers for $500 Id be very, very careful.

I agree with Jstas recommendation on going with the MM6. You can get a better sounding speaker but not without paying $450! He is also right in that you dont want to dump $1000 on a set of speakers in a car where all kinds of things can happen to it (stolen, wrecked, exploded!). The MM6 are awesome sounding and you will not be sorry you got them.

As far as amps go, I believe that all major name brands are good quality products and will serve you well. I would say choose on features, looks, budget, power, and size considerations. Performance wise they will all be superb. I myself like MTX for the $350 and below league and JL Audio for the $350 and up range.

I really think you should reconsider going with a sub. A sub doesnt mean boom, it means completing the music. Listening to music without a sub, you will be missing out on a lot of the actual music. A single 10 or 8 getting 200-400 watts will make a huge improvement on overall sound. And space need not be a consideration either. The Diamond Audio CM3 is an 8" sub that will fit in a .27 ft3 enclosure. Dude that is tiny! Yet it will still handle 400 rms!! You could fit this thing in your glove box! The Kicker L7 8" will work in a .33 ft3 box and handle 450 rms, and a MTX Thunder6000 8" will fit in a .25 ft3 and take 200 rms. There is a lot you can do.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    like i said, size should not be much of an issue anymore
    this sub is 3.25" deep and needs a .6ft^3 enclosure and will work on 200 watts
    this guy on ebay sells em, otherwise youll have to find a Pioneer Premier shop and get it from there
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    i believe this is the amp John was talking about
    i wouldnt amp the rear speakers, like i said, they actually take away from the sound quality
    you can use 2 channels to run your front speakers, run your rear speakers off the deck(which is not a bad thing! its what ill be doing on my next project and i will have easily dropped almost $1500 in speakers alone), and bridge the other 2 channels to power the pioneer premier sub
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    That Diamond sub is awfully hard to beat tho. A 400 watt sub in a .27 box is perfect for the spacially challenged like myself! .6 is even to big for me. I could do it but combined with my amps I would lose all my storage space under my seat which I dont want to do. Plus the Diamond can be had for around $125 from a dealer which aint too shabby a price.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    youre completely right, but you can make the box for the premier to be flatter and put stuff on top of it, so if he doesnt have a lot of room under the seat(height wise) then he can make it short and flat
    know what im saying?
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    Yeah, thats a good point. I dont know how deep the Diamond is. My problem is a lack of width. I can make a box 10" high and 13 inches long which is pretty much the norm but in order to fit in the hole under the seat it cant be more than 9 inches wide. Maybe 10 at the max! I was thinking of building a bigger box for a 10 and putting in the back between the drivers and passenger seat but Ive always been a big fan of stealth installs and a big sub sitting there for all to see would certainly not stay there long.

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    mine are pretty visible as well...especially the big silver grill that sticks out...lol
    thats why im going with 10s next time around, less visible, more room
    i wish i had enough room for 12s...i really do...i might work something out...
    firing up or something...i dunno, im going to have to play around quite a bit
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    i believe this is the amp John was talking about
    i wouldnt amp the rear speakers, like i said, they actually take away from the sound quality
    you can use 2 channels to run your front speakers, run your rear speakers off the deck(which is not a bad thing! its what ill be doing on my next project and i will have easily dropped almost $1500 in speakers alone), and bridge the other 2 channels to power the pioneer premier sub
    -Cody

If you don't amp the rear speakers then what is the point of even having them? The headunit will never keep up with the amp and if it is that important to you then turn the gain down. Aside from that, he has 4 doors and most likely wants to put passengers back there. They will want to hear the tunes too without having to make the front passengers deaf. Not everything is about the ultimate stereo. There are many other things that influence decisions in choosing equipment, especially in a car.

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    theres many reasons:)
    first of all, i had 225 watts going to my MM6s and about 16 watts going to my 4x6s in the back of my truck from my old JVC head unit, they keep up fine at lower levels for what any passenger would expect
    it also sounds better like i have also mentioned, since the front speakers dont have to fight with the back speakers, they are able to sound more crisp and clean...and everyone wants that:)
    not to mention, if he gets the amp and sub combo i mentioned, it would save A LOT of money
    for one, he would not have to buy another amp...thats the big saver
    then theres more RCA cables, bigger and more power wire, etc
    he also mentioned space is an issue, two amps take up space, he said he would be mounting it on his rear wall like mine, but i cant keep anything back there because my amps will burn it up, they need space to cool as you know and so having one less amp it having that extra 1.5' of space to store his stuff
    its also easier
    you have less wires to deal with...only 3 speaker wires will come from the amp, 2 to the front, one to the sub
    if something should ever go wrong, its also a lot easier to trouble shoot since you have an entire amp that doesnt have to be dealt with
    and last but not least, theres going to be less stuff to break
    if you really want all your speakers amped...then, at the risk of some people passing out, im going to recommend this JL Amp
    JL came up with a great idea
    lets make a five channel amp, but lets not make the 4 channels the same, lets make the front channels 100 watts each and the rear channels 25 watts each, then add a 250 watt channel for a sub
    so if youre set on having all your speakers powered, id look at that amp, all you need in one simple package
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    Very true, everyone has their own needs but I like what Geolemon said, [paraprhased] "when my passengers start forking over cash to help pay for the system then Ill worry about their soundstage". LOL!

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    and for future reference, that amp is the only thing from JL i will ever recommend;)
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    WHOA! I totally missed that!

Man! There is hope for the youth in America! They may see the light and accept the wisdom of their elders yet! Knowing that those who travled this path before them may know.........ok, thats a little over the top...

• exalted512
    edited June 2004
    lol...i was wondering why you didnt say anything...
    just keep this JL stuff on the down low:cool:
    and as far as listening to my elders...i always listen to you:)
    i just dont take it seriously:p
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    {sigh}...this must be what its like to have kids! :D

• neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    nah, having kids is more physically grueling... mentally, though, you've got it!

no, i dont have kids, i have two much younger siblings...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by exalted512
    im going to recommend this JL Amp
    -Cody
    CODY!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? THE SKY IS FALLING DOWN!!!
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    edited June 2004
    yeah yeah...lol
  • neomagus00
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    CODY!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? THE SKY IS FALLING DOWN!!!
    creepy, isn't it? :p

man, i remember that book... it scared the bejaysus out of me as a kid... i wandered around for weeks looking up at the sky, terrified it was going to fall on me...

• AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2004
    I never quite believed that one...chunks of sky never seemed too dangerous to me. I figured it'd be like cotton balls or something... :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MTXMAN
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Focals are just about the best speakers in the world but Id check up on SpeedSound because Focal has a big disclaimer on their website that they do NOT authorize any sales over the internet and if SpeedSound is selling $1200 speakers for $500 Id be very, very careful.

To the best of my knowledge everything that they post their store is an authorized dealer for, they're not an internet company, they are a true AV store with a webpage (ref CC and BB) I've checked up on several of their lines to see if they're authorized dealers and am currently waiting on a reply from focal's US distributor to see if they are an authorized focal dealer as well, i'll let you guys know for sure as soon as i know, and if they are an authorized dealer you can bet i'll be upgrading soon at that price lol :p
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2004
    Hell yeah! If Focal will still issue its 3 year warranty and guarantee that there not rebadged Pyramids or something like that Ill be all over getting some $430 Polyglass speakers for $270!