equipment for 2 channel room

bikezappa
bikezappa Posts: 2,463
edited June 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
I have located all the eletronic equipment in a closet up stairs. The system is controlled via a RS pyramid that allows the IF to convert to RF in the room then from RF back to IF in the closet. I don't like to see equipment and my Honey is also happy. I use 2 200 CD players for music, but will upgrade to the Sony m 555es soon.
Post edited by bikezappa on

Comments

• HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited June 2004
    You need more electronics:D ;)

1/4Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • bikezappa
    edited June 2004
    What would suggest?

I have 2 sets of 2 channel equipment in the closet now.

I have 2 rooms for 2 channel and I know that is gross or decadent.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited June 2004
    so your DVD player is upstairs too?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • bikezappa
    edited June 2004
    No I have 3 systems. Two 2 channel systems and the HT is in the basement. I keep the DVD player in the basement.
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by bikezappa
    What would suggest?

I was just funnen ya bud. Very impressive and indeed you are having fun.

Henry
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • bikezappa
    edited June 2004
    I made the equipment cabnet to just fit inside the linen closet. Home Depot sells white laminte board with peg holes. The center shelf is not adjustable. The white equipment tower is on 4 casters so the complete unit can swing out and around for easy access to the back wires and connections. The tower however is getting very heavey with the two power amp at the bottom. Women like this idea of no equipment in the room. They then may allow those large speakers in the room or they just tolerate them.
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004

Women like this idea of no equipment in the room. They then may allow those large speakers in the room or they just tolerate them.

Sounds ta me your prepen for marriage. I have to say you live better as a single guy than I ever did;) My focus was boats, beer and babes then a good woman got ahold of me and put me on a much better path.

1/4twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • bikezappa
    edited June 2004
    It's not in the future but who knows. How many women will allow SDAs in any room?
  • HBombToo
    edited June 2004
    How many women will allow SDAs in any room?

Thank God my wife is very patient;)

Ima lucky goof!

1/4Twin
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • bikezappa
    edited June 2004
    Yes we are all little goofs.
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited June 2004
    Originally posted by HBombToo
    Thank God my wife is very patient;)
    Mine too ... phew ... The fam room this weekend had a full set of SRT's in it (Mains, center and the large SDA Surrounds), LS90's, CRS+'s and f/x's ... none of the wide boys ... but this would have been enough to set most women off ... fortunately mine just laughed.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    I just don't understand what women have against these speakers. They are big but very nice looking and don't take up too much floor space. I guess some of them really don't want you to have anything that significant of your own, at least nothing that gives you that much joy that sits there all day long where they can see it. It will be in my vows to take me for better or worse, in sickness or health, for SDA SRS or 1C's, etc...
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited June 2004
    so do you crank everything up and run the closet as a dryer to? :)
    Life without music would