Vinyl in the dash, record player old school

evhudsons
evhudsons Posts: 1,175
edited March 2013 in Car Audio & Electronics
I'm certainly too young to remember a record player in the dash of cars, but I do remember 8 track players.

this is actually pretty cool although I'm sure a few were scratched.

http://youtu.be/o_Zj4i7YYsM
Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
Post edited by evhudsons on

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited March 2013
    Is that for real? How could they "possibly" keep the record from SKIPPING?? Seems like you'd need one hell of an engineering feat for that considering how much MONEY the boys here spend on STABILIZING their TTs with Rube Goldberg-like devices! Some monster tables on this site look like they have MORE parts in them than the world's largest Roller coaster, lol

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    edited March 2013
    My uncle had a car with a record player when I was a kid. I don't ever remember him using it while driving. I think it was more for "parking" lol...to set the mood!
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • evhudsons
    evhudsons Posts: 1,175
    edited March 2013
    actually, that would be cool for parking! It would certainly set the mood and be classy too!
    Polk Audio SDA CRS+ crossover 4.1TL by Trey/VR3 (Rings and custom stand by Larry)-Polk Audio SDA SRS2 crossovers by Trey/VR3Parasound HCA1500aYamaha rxa-3070 with musicast-Celestion SL6S presence,- sl9 surround backNHTsuper1's surroundMagnepan SMGParasound 1500pre- Sofia "Baby" tube amp - Monitor Audio Silver RX2 Marantz 2230/B&Kst140Technics 1200mk2 Gamertag: IslandBerserker I am but a infinitesimally small point meeting the line of infinity in the SDA universe
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    edited March 2013