Where will the LSi line be available ONline?

Options
kanicker
kanicker Posts: 86
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
and WHEN!!?

Authorized dealers preferred of course.....
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i don't know if they will. kind of gets away from the higher end approach polk is going for with the LSi line. i could be wrong though...:confused:
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Try AUTHENTIC HOME THEATER 1-800-753-3980 and their website,
    here are some of their prices:
    POLK AUDIO LSi15 (PAIR)
    $1498.00
    POLK AUDIO LSi9 (PAIR)
    $898.00
    POLK AUDIO LSi25 (PAIR)
    $2498.00
    POLK AUDIO LSi7 (PAIR)
    $698.00
    POLK AUDIO LSiC (CENTER)
    $489.00
    POLK AUDIO LSiFX (SURROUND) PAIR
    $898.00
    here is the website address:
    http://products.search.shopping.yahoo.com/search/t2?p=polk+audio&r=&mid=46397&did=&pf=&pt=&Y=1&q=&X=1&clink=
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    Options
    damn, i knew i'd be proven wrong...:rolleyes:
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited March 2002
    Options
    JandR.com has them also.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • PETERNG
    PETERNG Posts: 918
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I wouldn't bother to try J&R, their prices are not too high but their shipping cost is $180 per pair, the prices of AUTHENTIC HOME THEATER are very good and they have 5 stars rating for Yahoo online shopping...their shipping costs are also very reasonable...:)
  • kanicker
    edited March 2002
    Options
    wooo hooo! Now the grand question is: LSi9 or LSi7...?

I've decided that although my current Polk setup more than satisfies my Home Theater desires... (in fact its one of the most tremendous things I've ever heard) ... it lacks some when I listen to stereo -- no matter what I do. It's not position or power or amplifier or interconnects. God knows I've demoed enough gear.

I even tried my 35is on top of my 800is which sounded very nice, but why on earth should I have run 2 pairs to get good sound. I don't mean to be a heretic here, but I think it might be my speakers... I have just been exposed to stuff that sounds slightly better in stereo... driven by "mortal" amps. I've decided to move my Stereo listening into its own room, and leave the HT behind in the living room. (A room that is better suited to Stereo sound, as I've noticed) Which means I need a fantastic set of medium sized speakers.

The dilemma of course is that this usually translates to >2000. Hmmph!

LSi might be my last great hope. Because I will won't shell out for snells, etc..
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    Options
    a dedicated 2-channel listening room, nice!:) have you heard either the 7's or the 9's?
  • kanicker
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Well, I'm driving to 50 miles this weekend just to listen to a pair based on what I've read about them so far. But if I can save a $200, I'd prefer to order them on line.

Of course I'll give the store a chance to match the online price+shipping, but somehow I doubt they will.

If anyone else has an opinion between LSi9 and 7, I'd love to hear it!
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    Options
    enjoy your demo! be sure to tell us YOUR thoughts between the 2 once you listen...