names for a boat?

juice21
juice21 Posts: 1,866
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
well, my father just purchased a 31' O'Day sloop and he's trying to name it. i've thought of a couple, but wanted to hear if you guys had any good ideas...
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2002
    how about

"Polkahauntus"
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    LOL...yeah, my dad will want to pay to have that on his boat...:D
  • dbournival
    dbournival Posts: 131
    edited March 2002
    How about Liq-her?

Originally posted by juice21
    well, my father just purchased a 31' O'Day sloop and he's trying to name it. i've thought of a couple, but wanted to hear if you guys had any good ideas...
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited March 2002
    Juice, does the boat have a Turbo or a Supercharger on it, If it does I have a great name for it which may offend but I called one of my boats the name around 15 yrs ago and with our laid back Aussie sense of humour everyone loved it.. Regards Fabian
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    Sick Days, SSI or John B.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    I wouldn't name it, "Osama Bin Laden Is In Here."

How about, "Sassy Trousers"?
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    fabian, it's a sailboat, but i'd still be interested in hearing your suggestion...

orange, don't think my dad's investment will last ong with a name like that...:D
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2002
    How about

Ib6ub9

:cool:
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited March 2002
    It really should have a female type name, as in a significant other or a long lost love, something along those lines. To men, ships are almost always named after someone, or something along those lines. The only ones which name their boats after male genre, which I have seen, is the military, and I used to be in the Coast Guard! They do so with good reason but I'd never name a sailboat the USS Illinois or anything like that.
    Some name that rolls off the tongue smooth as a sailboat cuts through the water, and that doesn't make much of a wake!
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • fabian1
    fabian1 Posts: 218
    edited March 2002
    Well here it goes, yrs ago I had a Black Hallet, and ran a 350 Chev, Supercharged and as crazy as us Aussies are I named her ****, and yes she blew away anything that tried to take her on, I hope I have not offended anyone but you asked, Man was she a Quick BOAT, Kind regards Fabian :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    The Wonder From Downunder
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    I named her ****
    I knew that was what you were going to say you named your boat. It was the "Turbo or a Supercharger" part (BLOWER) that gave it away. I have seen the name **** on a sail boat and think it may be appropriate cause you can't go far unless the wind blows.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • juice21
    edited March 2002
    ****, nice!!!:D that would work because of the 'wind' thing...

we are thinking of going with blue rhapsody , both a play on the musical rendition which we love as well as blue being representative of the sea, and rhapsody a play on the definition of being effusively rapturous, or a state or experience of being carried away by overwhelming emotion, what sailing can be...
  • smglbrth
    smglbrth Posts: 1,458
    edited March 2002
    Blue Rhapsody sounds like a good name, especially since you both put some thought into it.

Good to go, do it!!:)
    Remember, when you're running from something, you're running to something...-me
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    i forgot the name that they gave to the shelby gt500 on gone in 60 seconds or you can go with HMS blue rhapsody
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    i forgot the name that they gave to the shelby gt500 on gone in 60 seconds
    Eleanor
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited March 2002
    1. Gone With the Wind
    2. Blue Danube
    3. Windy

Just for laughs, how about..."Blew Balls". :D

John
    No excuses!
  • haroo
    haroo Posts: 83
    edited March 2002
    FREE SPIRIT
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    --MARANTZ SR18ex 140wpc x 5 (high current/direct amp)thx-ex "ultra"
    electrohome tube amp 15watt. pr channel(aprox.1955a.d.) for 2 channel audio{recently recapped& tubed-5ar4power rect. & 12au7)
    -kenwood amp(km-996/140wpc(used for 7.1 rears(thx ex)
    -toshiba dvd video/audio player(progressive scan) sd-4700
    -sony sacd cd player scd-xe670
    -nakamichi "music bank cd player "6+1disk(20bit dac)
    -toshiba hifi vcr (v3 pro head)
    -motorola digital cable box
    -RCA 32' "home theater" PIP tv
    -polk RT800i x 2 (mains) ~bi-wired
    -polk sc400i x 1 (center) ~bi-wired
    -polk fx300i x 2 (side fx) ~di-pole
    -polk r10 x 2 (rears)
    -polk pws250 (powered sub)
    -2x173ltr(48"-16")sono subs(powered by kenwood kr-7200 250watt & w/ audiosource EQ (model eq eight/series II)
    -Thorens td-166 mk II/Grado silver fs1
    -Thorens td-160/empire 66cart
    -Dual 601
    -D.I.Y. carfea "little big horns"-(pioneer full range 8" & fostex 4" compression horn tweaters
    -sony (ps1)
    -sony (ps2)

-haroo, "GOD gave you the gift of sound, Your gift to God is what you do with it!"
    "marantz haroo"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~