RT20p speakers

miner
miner Posts: 1,305
edited May 2004 in Troubleshooting
The mid-bass driver (MW7009) in my RT20p sometimes buzzes. It will happen when I physically touch the right side of the cone with my finger, but doesn't happen when I touch the left side of the cone. Any ideas how to 'fix' this or why it does this?
[
Post edited by miner on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2004
    Hello,
    I'm afraid there isn't much you can do except replace the driver, there really isn't a way to repair it. You may telephone us at 1-800-377-7655 for ordering information. Be sure to mention your Club Polk membership for the reduced prices and free shipping.
    Regards, Ken
  • miner
    edited May 2004
    Thanks Ken. I ordered one last week but have not rcvd any information about ship date and I failed to mention my membership in Club Polk. Would you please check on my order status for me? I sent an email this morning asking the same thing.

Kevin Gallatin
    [
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2004
    Hello Kevin,
    A replacement driver was shipped to you on the 27th via Fedex, at no charge. If you would like the tracking number, please email me at kswauger@polkaudio.com
    Regards, Ken
  • miner
    edited May 2004
    I did get the driver on the 27th but when I hooked it up it was buzzing terribly. I then switched with the driver in my other speaker (which I know was good) and I got the same result. Another weekend without my music. The reason for the shipment at no cost. Thanks for your help Ken.
    [
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited May 2004
    Sounds like a crossover problem, man. I would try a new one...