Adding subwoofer to stock car radio?

2»

Comments

• ForeverFateless
    ForeverFateless Posts: 1
    edited November 2012
    pentavolvo wrote: »
    if you tap the input side of the amp you dont even need a line out converter you can just splice some rca plugs in and get your signal there

pm me ur email address and i can get u a diagram

So that was the original post but i'm not sure if this is exactly the same kinda thing i'm lost on...I'm going to be putting a sub and amp in a 2004 Bonneville but want to use the factory head unit....my problem lies with weather or not the factory head unit will have rca outs to feed the signal to the amp, or if it has a spare wire to provide a power turn on to the amp....I'm by no means a dummy on the stereo install topic i've just ever used a factory head. Rather than ear it all apart to find out I would rather research n know beforehand. Please email me back at burgerforlunch@gmail.com with any knowledge you might have....suggestions are always welcome. Thank you
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited January 2013
    AudioControl LCi2 is what you need. From there add your choice of amp and sub. Simple.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • htrdln
    htrdln Posts: 116
    edited January 2013
    the best bang for buck i've found is the infinity bass link 2 very good imo
  • AeR0
    AeR0 Posts: 102
    edited March 2014
    amp may have a high/low level input right on the amp... than no need for a SLOC

if not consider a audio control LC2
  • If you already have a sub on your system such as the gm trucks with the bose system had, it's much easier to find the sub, unplug the connector and wire that into your amp whether you use the rca connectors or just use the high level inputs most amps have. At least that way you can still adjust your bass without having to adjust your fade too. The fade and balance will be totally unrelated to your sub and you can still control the sub by itself pretty much. All you need then is to run the wired from that connector for the sub that you spliced into to your amp, add power and a ground and a remote wire to your fuse box so the amp turns on with your vehicle.
  • I have a 1997 Infiniti I30, It comes from the factory with a Bose system. While it does sound incredible, I would really like to Install a 10" Subwoofer and was curious if there is a specific adapter, and if so could someone show me which? Or if there is another way to deal with installing a subwoofer, please let me know.
  • I'm hooking up a amp and sub to my factory radio with a rca converter but I'm so confused can someone please tell my how to hook it all up . can I splice the back speaker wires to hook it to. I cant get to the back of the radio..plz help explain it in simple terms for me thank you so much
  • Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. Probably the first thing to do is tell us the maker and model number of the RCA converter, amplifier and the year and make of your factory radio. That way we can get a better idea of what you have.
    Regards, Ken
  • I have a 2011 equinox. I ran all my wire ground,pwr and remote. Also install rca converter signal in the hatch where the 8" factory sub is there. My subs work but when i turn it on it makes a loud hum noise twice b4 it actually plays any suggestions on wat i may have done wrong to eliminate tgat hum?
  • jhw59
    jhw59 Posts: 348
    just bought a 2017 Kia Sorento with regular stereo. I'd like to add a sub so any suggestions welcome!