carver amp

Options
goingganzo
goingganzo Posts: 2,793
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
if i was going to buy a carver amp off of ebay what model would be good and what is a good price for them i have 800 front 400 center and 500 rears.
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• jcaut
    jcaut Posts: 1,849
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Those things often sell on E-bay for ridiculously high prices. I bought a 250 wpc, TFM-35 for $350, which I thought was reasonable, maybe even a little high, from an individual. (I've seen them sell on E-bay for upwards of $500.) I use it to drive my RT800i front speakers, since I mainly listen to two-channel music. It does fine for me, and I'm very happy with it.

Are you looking for a two-channel amp, or one of the HT-designed, multi-channel jobs? I think the only ones Carver made were the later, AV- series amps. I don't know much about them. I'd recommend looking for something with 150 wpc, or more. More is better.

Jason
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I have both a m0.5t - 140 wpc and a m1.5t 350wpc.....both would drive your RT800's just fine. I would also look at places other than ebay such as audiogon.com and saturdayaudio.com......they are out there. You just have to find them

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut