New black Parasound halo amps

leroyjr1
leroyjr1 Posts: 8,785
edited January 2013 in Electronics
Looks like parasound is making there halo series in black now. Looks very nice.

image.jpg
image.jpg
Post edited by leroyjr1 on

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    edited January 2013
    I like it.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    edited January 2013
    That's great news for HT enthusiasts
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited January 2013
    I like'em almost enough to buy a can of black paint.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited January 2013
    I noticed that Audio Advisor started selling the black versions a couple days ago. It's a smart business move aimed at appealing to home theater purchasers who are using receivers or home theater preamps from other manufacturers, which are almost all black now, and want better amplification that matches color. I also take it as a sign that Parasound has decided not to bring their own home theater preamp to market. I wish they'd had an A31 model a few years ago. I never could justify buying an A51, but there was a lot of empty room in the A21 chassis which made it a perfect candidate for inclusion of an extra channel.

I think the black looks good. I'm happy with silver though since it matches with the rest of my two channel gear and with a Pioneer Elite receiver I don't really need separate amplification for home theater use anymore.

http://cave.hometheaterhifi.com/group/amplifiers/forum/topics/parasound-now-in-the-black
  • Irrenhaus
    Irrenhaus Posts: 1,082
    edited January 2013
    Very Nice
    HTAVR-Pioneer SC99XPA-DR3 Differential Reference AmpPolk R-700Rear- RT150Side- RT150Center-CSi5Sub-Rythmik audio F25Player- Panasonic DP-UB9000Projector- Optoma CinemaX P2Screen- Silver Ticket Products STR Series 6 120"Audio Room 2ch rig.Cary AE-3, Onkyo M-504, Marantz SA8005, Azur 851NWharfedale - Linton, SVS SB12-NSDMinis Forum PC (streamer) and Panamax MX5105Headphone rig;Schiit JOTUNHEIM and different headphones.Samsung 42" flat screen TV.
  • Denon Frank
    Denon Frank Posts: 130
    edited January 2013
    Oh no.......might be upgrade time. :smile:
    Frank

Polk LSiM 703 mains on Skylan Stands
    Polk LSiM 704c center
    Polk FX500i surrounds
    Parasound 5250 Amp
    Oppo BDP-105 :smile:
    SVS PC Ultra tuned to 16hz
    Panasonic 65" Viera Plasma
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,328
    edited January 2013
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I noticed that Audio Advisor started selling the black versions a couple days ago. It's a smart business move aimed at appealing to home theater purchasers who are using receivers or home theater preamps from other manufacturers, which are almost all black now, and want better amplification that matches color. I also take it as a sign that Parasound has decided not to bring their own home theater preamp to market. I wish they'd had an A31 model a few years ago. I never could justify buying an A51, but there was a lot of empty room in the A21 chassis which made it a perfect candidate for inclusion of an extra channel.

I think the black looks good. I'm happy with silver though since it matches with the rest of my two channel gear and with a Pioneer Elite receiver I don't really need separate amplification for home theater use anymore.

http://cave.hometheaterhifi.com/group/amplifiers/forum/topics/parasound-now-in-the-black

Greetings Mark and Happy New year! I am glad to hear the A21 is still blowin' up your skirt!:twisted:

I can see why Parasound would market a black faced unit for the reasons mentioned in this thread. I will take mine in silver please!:cheesygrin:

HaloA23.jpg
    Carl

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited January 2013
    It's about time. Now if they offer the JC pre-amp in black I might think of upgrading.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,346
    edited January 2013
    Happy New Year, Carl!

BlueFox, according to the article I linked to in the post above, Parasound is planning on having the black finish applied to the JC1, JC2, and JC3 models also. All done in the same plant, and the case work pieces are very similar anyway, so should be no problem for them keeping the costs the same.

What's remarkable to me is that Parasound has kept the Halo line of amps pretty much the same for so many years. They found a winning formula with this line, except for their DVD player and home theater preamps.
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    edited January 2013
    Very nice looking one. I have the one in silver, but when I saw this one in black, I don't like the one I have.
  • Beta
    Beta Posts: 267
    edited January 2013
    Nice. I always thought the Halo line would look good in black. Much better looking than the original silver IMO.
  • BlueFox
    edited January 2013
    I wonder when they are going to release the next generation of the A21 and other models in the line. After 10 years these are just cash cows. Sure they work great, but technology marches on and I am sure they could make them even better while keeping the price the same.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited January 2013
    There have been version upgrades over the years. Parasound just doesn't make a big deal out of it with model number changes.
    So they are actually up with the times and an audio bargain to boot.
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • SolidSnake1988
    SolidSnake1988 Posts: 38
    edited January 2013
    How much are this amps? Been wanting to get an amp emotiva or parasound.
    Speakers Polk Monitor 70's (Cherry) Cs2 (Black)
    Subwoofer Polk Psw 505
    Receiver/Amp Yamaha RX-V671
    TV Samsung 46" LED
    Entertainment/Blu-Ray Sony Playstation 3 1TB :smile:
    Interconnects MIT Terminator 4-Emotiva Speaker Cables, Audioquest HDMI
  • michael1947
    michael1947 Posts: 775
    edited January 2013
    So maybe there will be a trickle down of the older Halo line in the used market for the rest of us.:lol:
    Main Family Room: Sony 46 LCD, Sony Blue Ray, Sony DVD/VCR combo,Onkyo TXNR 708, Parasound 5250,
    Polk SDS-SRS with mods, CSI 5 center + Klipsch SC2, Polk RT2000P rears, Klipsch KG 1.5's sides, Polk Micro Pro 1000, Polk Micro Pro 2000, Polk SW505, Belkin PF60, Signal Cable Classics,Monster IC's, 2 15 amp circuits & 1 20 amp circuit.

Living Room: Belkin PF60, Parasound HCA2200, MIT ProlineEXP balanced IC's,Emotiva XDA-1 DAC/Pre,Emotiva ERC2 transport,MIT AVT2, Polk LSI 9's.
  • BlueFox
    edited January 2013
    Amherst wrote: »
    There have been version upgrades over the years. Parasound just doesn't make a big deal out of it with model number changes. So they are actually up with the times and an audio bargain to boot.

That sort of sucks since no one knows what they are getting when they buy used.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • jumpindick
    jumpindick Posts: 428
    edited January 2013

these can go for about 2300.00 brand new.
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited January 2013

www.audioadvisor.com Depends what your looking for.
  • Amherst
    Amherst Posts: 695
    edited January 2013
    BlueFox wrote: »
    That sort of sucks since no one knows what they are getting when they buy used.

Very correct.

I was looking into some JC-1's when I discovered that all are not exactly equal. Kinda felt the same way even though an awesome product no matter the version. The info is sparse also.
    Parasound C1, T3, HCA-3500, HCA-2205A, P/DD1550, Pioneer DV-79avi, Oppo BDP-83, WD Media Server W/HDD,
    Dynaudio Contour 3.3, Dynaudio Contour T2.1, Polk OWM3, Polk DSW micropro 1000 (x2),
    Pioneer Kuro 50" Plasma, Phillips Pronto Control w/Niles HT-MSU.
  • htrdln
    htrdln Posts: 116
    edited January 2013
    i was quoted 1999 for the a52 today at a local store
  • dekuda
    dekuda Posts: 756
    edited January 2013
    The Halo A51 was always on my wish list. Now in black,:eek: I want one!
    HT System
    Parasound Halo A51 Amp, Marantz AV 8003 Pre, Arcam FMJ CD36 cd player, Marantz 7007 BD/SACD player,Acoustic Zen Matrix IC's, Analysis Plus Crystal Copper Oval IC's, Acoustic Zen Satori speaker cables, B&W 703's Fronts, Center Martin Logan Motif hybrid, Surrounds DefTech BPX, 2 X DefTech Supercube Reference Subs, DSpeaker Antimode 8033 EQ.