surrounds

qzoid
qzoid Posts: 9
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
i have rt 55i fronts with cs400 front and cs245i rear centers and psw 450 now i need surrounds and have been trying to get fx 500s but i was thinking about rt 35 i as well, anyone with that configuration or any thoughts on the set up? i am leaning towards rt35i as fx 500 are impossible to find now in black.please need opinions soon as the last of the 35s will disappear soon as well.
Post edited by qzoid on

Comments

• avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2002
    You know what? There are a lot of people looking to find the 35i's and can't. I'm here in po-dunk NW Iowa and I have a feeling my local dealer may have a pair or two sitting around. If anyone is interested I can take a look and see if they have some, and what the price is. I don't think they carry the FX series, but I can sure ask too.

They may ship them to you, or I can be the intermediator and buy/ship them for you. Let me know what you think.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • GZ
    GZ Posts: 343
    edited March 2002
    qzoid,
    Have you tried www.crutchfield.com? I just checked their website and they still list the black 35i's as being in stock for $299.95/pr, but only indicate the 500i's in stock in white. Shipping is $9.95, should arrive in 2-3 days. I have ordered from them before, they are an authorized dealer for Polk and are very reputable IMHO. You can try calling their price/availability number at 1-800-555-9361, mention part #107RT35iB to double check. BTW, they were running this 'Refer a friend deal' a while back where you could save $25 on an order of $250 or more if you've never ordered from them before. Feel free to use my customer ID number 20394405 if you want. Mention it if you order by phone, or enter "Referral Program" as well as my ID number in the 'Special Messages' box if you order on-line. Hope this helps, good luck.
    GZ
  • qzoid
    edited March 2002
    appreciate the offer, will u please check to see if they have the 35s and the cost and in the meantime i'll circle pittsburgh today.
    are u really an avalanche fan? i was in denver last week and saw a game at the pepsi arena awesome place to watch a game but miss the old school feel of the old arenas like the gardens in toronto.:)
  • uberfreix
    uberfreix Posts: 15
    edited March 2002
    I just got a pair of the 500i's from crutchfield last week. You should also call crutchfield and see if they have scratch and dent or open box deals on these....they will give a 15% discount. Good luck.

Matt
  • avelanchefan
    edited March 2002
    qzoid,

They are closed on Sundays (a small town thing) So I will check tomorrow.

Yes I am a huge Avs fan. I was born and raised in Denver and had season tickets the inagural year (1995-96). Then I moved. :(
    All my family is still there, but I have yet to hit the Pepsi Center. I heard the seats were a little smaller and that there were some blind spots in certain areas of the Arena. I also miss the older arenas.....Big Mac was just a great place to go for anything....sports, concerts, you name it.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited March 2002
    I tried the 35I's as surrounds mounted on the rear wall, and to be honest with you, I was'nt at all happy with them. I took them back and got the 300I's. Not to say that the 35 is bad at all, it's a damn nice speaker, and if you are able to mount them to the side,(which I could'nt) they may kick some butt for H/T surround. If you are stuck having to mount your surrounds to the rear wall, I'd say go with the FX series if you can get your hands on a pair.

Ron
  • qzoid
    edited March 2002
    appreciate the input, i actually looked around and found a pair of 35s and i mounted them on the sides and it works great. so i think i'll be in good shape. go avs , penguins are struggling to make the playoffs but i'm a canuck and my team is the leafs who are looking good.
  • bbriedis
    bbriedis Posts: 9
    edited March 2002
    You guys should come to Phoenix. Fry's Electronics (an authorized POLK dealer) has two stores here. I was just in one of them yesterday and they have the RT35i's for $199 a pair. They have been as low as $179. They also still have some RT55i's at $279 a PAIR. I purchased a pair at this price and love them. I have subsequently purchased the 400i and PSW450. Still shopping for AVR and rears. Fry's also has the FX500i surround speakers in BLACK. Why not call them and maybe they can ship to you. They have a 30 day return policy. The two phone numbers are: 602-467-2000 and 602-659-8500. I do not work for Fry's - just love the store.

Bob
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    what's their price on the f/x500i's?
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    ...i saw it in your other post...
  • avelanchefan
    edited March 2002
    Well qzoid,

I ended up over their today and they do have two pairs. They have a floor model and one pair in the box. But they are not offering prices that bbriedis says Fry's was offering.

New-349
    Floors-299

Sorry I could not be of more help. They will also ship for you if neccessary. But you may want to check the other post(s) out first.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • qzoid
    edited March 2002
    how about the psw 450 , what price are they gtiving currently, as i am thinking of adding a psw 450 to my next setup. i'll try to call them as well.thanks
  • bbriedis
    bbriedis Posts: 9
    edited March 2002
    Fry's is not discounting the PSW450. They sell it at $450. Many of the RTi series are discounted cause they are being replaced by the new model year hitting the stores now.

If you want a good deal on the PSW450 and still buy it from an authorized dealer, then give GOOD GUYS a call. They are a large electronics chain in Calif, Oregon, Wash, and maybe some other states. They are in the process of discontinuing the POLK line so they are closing out the line. I was in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago and they offered me a great deal. I purchased from them the PSW450 at $350, and the CS400i at $300. They also threw in a free subwoofer monster cable. Like Fry's, GOOD GUYS has a 30 day return policy. I purchased them from the Marina Del Rey store: 310-574-1810. They won't quote the above prices but if you ask, you may get.

Bob